Whats been your greatest personal Struggle?

by ScoobySnax 49 Replies latest jw friends

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

Sorry about your horrible experience Scully.

My worst struggle was overcoming a bad Crack Cocaine problem. It took me several years to finally be completely free from its grip. And now I haven't smoked crack in over 12 years. No thanks of course to the "truth" whose answer to helping me was disfellowshipping. Now I have no friends or family for support, depression sets in, so guess what I went and did? More crack!

Thats why I will always feel that the Society is a business/corporation/cult.

Even other religons assist those with drug problems and other things.

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

Right.... I'm in danger of monopolising (sp) my own thread here........and thats a bit sad!. So I'll shutup now.

Thanks for your replies. I've been way too nice tonight and understanding...... most unlike me ...so I promise to return to my usual form by the weekend...LOL. You know you love it ! (kidding)

Don't Struggle.....keep fighting. resolution comes I'm sure.

Take care all

Scoob

• galaxy7
    galaxy7

Quitting smoking i have quit hundreds of times

• imallgrowedup
    imallgrowedup

I think my greatest personal struggle - up until a few years ago - was seeing who I really am without looking through my parents' disapproving eyes. I just never measured up to what they wanted me to be. I still believe that if I were the first female president of the United States, held twelve Ph.D's, had a passel of grandchildren that only they could buy things for and do things with, was rich beyond their wildest dreams, and happy to boot - that it would not satisfy them. But I've overcome that, and I am proud to be able to say so. I have realized that they are the ones who never lived up to their own expectations, and they were projecting their own feelings onto me and my siblings.

I still have my struggles in the sense that I wish I hadn't made some of the choices that have brought me to where I am today. Although I can't say I am unhappy, I can say that I struggle with the fear of changing those things because I am afraid that what is on the other side of those changes may actually make my present look like a picnic. Maybe someday I will actually take the plunge...... maybe.

growedup

• Sabine
    Sabine

I struggle with the fact that it took my daughter's suicide to realize how duped I was by the cult. I can't tell you how much I admire those who post that they had intellectual differences with the society and did research and realized things didn't add up. I personaly was totally indoctrinated, hoped to life forever petting lions, tigers and bears, and was commited to giving my all to the pioneer work. How could I be so gullible, so trusting. I am not that academically challenged, since leaving the cult and attending college I've maintained a 4.0 average...what made me so stupid????

• gespro
    gespro

No, you're not stupid Sabine. We bought into something that we thought would be a beautiful thing - yes! hanging out with the animals and living in paradise- but, we were duped.

I really thought something was wrong with me (emotionally, yes) and if I could get through to the end, I would be cured. Had I realized the WTS was the problem it would have saved me a lifetime of bad choices.

I guess I could say I still struggle with the bad choices I've made. I was born into this. I had no choice in the beginning but the JW mindset stayed with me for years. I'm still in the process of picking out the good parts and tossing the rest. A long process, indeed...

g

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Overcoming an abusive childhood and a chronic disease I was afflicted with as a teen. My health remains very fragile and my emotions still affected by the abuse and neglect by my parents. I nearly died from the disease because in their eyes I was just trying to get attention. The hospital knew my mother neglected me and would have brought charges against her; but I covered for her because I loved her so dearly.

• fader
    fader

my greatest struggle has been masturbation...I just feel so dirty!

I'm going to tell the elders all about it now.

• CeriseRose
    CeriseRose

Dealing with my parents' terminal illnesses and deaths. From the agonizing waiting in hospitals, for test results, for medication to kick in, visits that are so bittersweet and poignant, crying, yelling, wailing, praying, losing faith, sitting up for days worrying, sitting up for days in hospitals, pacing, knowing every inch of the hospital as well as the staff, being encouraging to them, forgiving them, unable to forgive myself, not being able to eat, doing everything I could to make their time comfortable, to show them they were loved and honoured, watching seizures, hurrying to call nurses, put oxygen masks on, septic wounds, phoning family to come, waiting for family to come, being alone and awake in a chair all night, the sound of someone drowning in their own fluids, knowing more about cancer than anyone should, wanting my Mommy and Daddy back, and finally, going on without them. Knowing that any children I have will not meet them. Not knowing if I'll ever see them again anywhere, anyhow, at any time. Trying to live my life so I can be proud of myself, my choices and therefore, continue to make them proud of me, if they are seeing me from...wherever.

I have no answers anymore. And I have no comfort. That is what I struggle with..

• shamus
    shamus

Yes, my struggle with mastrubation is horrendous, LOL! You beat me to the post, fader!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit