Jesus versus Judas. (May cause offence)

by Englishman 48 Replies latest watchtower bible

• gumby
    gumby
    Who knows what his heart was like before he died.

Wasn't Judas mentioned in the bible as a "doomed one"......I can't remember? Judas seems to be the only one mentioned 'who wasn't perfect'.....who commited the unforgivable sin. Noah and Lot sleep with their daughters and get life(see Heb.Chap 11)......and heartbroken Judas gets the ax cuz he messed up. It's just not fair!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gumby

• gumby
    gumby

"All hail Judas"!

*waits for lighting bolts to come out of the sky to burn his hair*

Gumby

• Navigator
    Navigator

I agree that Judas got a bad rap. I suspect that he was a Zealot and very aware of the relationship that Jesus had with God. The betrayal was probably designed to put God on the spot and force him to intervene(read throw the Romans out) in order to save Jesus from being crucified. I doubt that he expected the event to take place and perhaps envisioned God sending an army of angels to deal with the Romans.

• roybatty
    roybatty

I always thought to myself (even after watching "The Passion") was what Jesus did more of a sacrifice then many others in history who laid down their lives without the knowledge that in a few days they'd be in heaven? It's kind of like sending my 10 year old daughter to her room for doing something bad but her knowing that in a couple of hours we're leaving for a party.

Oh well, I'm going to hell now. lol

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

If any of you have seen "Last Tempation of Christ", you would find this thread very interesting. In that movie, Judas knew what he had to do to be part of "The Plan" and hated his responsibility. He was convincing Christ to not make him do it. Don't know the accuracy of it, but an interesting angle.

• Winston Smith :>D
    Winston Smith :>D
    poor Judas was so heartbroken over backstabbing Jesus, that he killed himself. I thought that was a type of repentence

The wages sin pays is death, right? He's got a clean slate, plus he helped fulfill bible prophesy

• avishai
  • Englishman
    Englishman
    If any of you have seen "Last Tempation of Christ", you would find this thread very interesting. In that movie, Judas knew what he had to do to be part of "The Plan" and hated his responsibility

So, was Judas actually the sacrifice? His sins after all, are the most well known. He really does carry the weight of the world when it comes to guilt, even today 2000 years later.

By comparison, Jesus was only dead for 3 days and is now sat at God's right hand and revered by millions.

But Judas?

Englishman.

• Gopher
    Gopher
    The wages sin pays is death, right? He's got a clean slate

Well maybe. But according to Watchtower-ology, that's not what the Bible means there. What the Bible means there is -- "the wages sin (that is, sin inherited from Adam, ordinary sin -- not intentional sin against Jehovah himself) pays is death".

So only ordinary (ignorant) sinners would benefit from dying and getting a clean slate.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Good point, eman. Jesus also told him to get on w it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit