Jesus versus Judas. (May cause offence)

by Englishman 48 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Englishman
    Englishman

Jesus was a ransom sacrifice for many. According to Scripture, He died to save the world and carried the sins of the world with him as he died.

He actually suffered an horrendous death, dying 3 hours after being crucified.

However, the countless other victims of the Roman Empire would typically take 3 days to die. Also, these other victims were not resurrected as was Jesus, nor were they later carried uo to heaven to reign at the right hand of God. Nor were they ever going to receive a billionth of the esteem in which Jesus would later be held.

Then there's Judas Iscariot. Villified, probably the most hated and despised man who ever lived, who took his own life because of the weight of guilt that pressed down on him so heavily.

So I'm just posing the question as to who it was exactly that made an enormous ransom sacrifice and thereby carried the sins of the world upon his shoulders?

Englishman.

• donkey
    donkey

Remember if Jesus is God and if he is the creator of it all then it's all his fault anyway...

• Narkissos
  • gumby
    gumby
    So I'm just posing the question as to who it was exactly that made an enormous ransom sacrifice and thereby carried the sins of the world upon his shoulders

Only the bible tells the story....aside from that........there is no proof the event ever happened.

Gumby

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

Actually as a biblical figure Judas was always more interesting to me...I guess being a withdrawn and suicidal teen I found his story more realistic and interesting than a dude who could break some fish into lots of tiny pieces.

• gumby
    gumby

I'm with Joanne rosan a danna.

As a witness, I always thought that poor Judas was so heartbroken over backstabbing Jesus, that he killed himself. I thought that was a type of repentence and could never figure out why he was a slimebucket in the eyes of believers.......not even worthy of a ressurection.

Had he had the chance to" do it all over again"........would he have betrayed Jesus a second time if he was that despondent over his actions the first time?

Gumby

• joannadandy
    joannadandy
    Had he had the chance to" do it all over again"........would he have betrayed Jesus a second time if he was that despondent over his actions the first time?

Not only that, but Jesus wouldn't have been killed (of course you could argue it would have happened some other way) therefore he wouldn't have died for our sins. Judas got the ball rolling to "save us all"

• simplesally
    simplesally

Actually, since Judas killed himself we really don't know that he wouldn't be resurrected. But the JW's say he committed the sin of sinning against the holy spirit --- having witnessed Jesus miracles and still betraying him......... Who knows what his heart was like before he died. Many of us have purposely sinned or had feet that ran to badness but then after the fact felt regret. Would we have done it again? Are we sad we got caught or sorry we did it? Is it the punishment that will crush us or the embarrassment === or is it the hurt we have caused someone else?

See we don't know how Judas felt when he died.........only God does.

• Xena
    Xena

You have to wonder too.....what did Judas do that was so bad? I mean Jesus was pretty much a public figure....he spoke at the temple, people knew who he was...how hard would it have been to find him? So Judas led them to Jesus? What, they couldn't have found him on their own if they had wanted to????

Then you have the whole predestination factor to deal with....how much of a sin is it if you have no choice in the matter and are foreordained to do something?

Personally I always felt Judas was more sinned against than sinner....

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

I've always felt Judas had the deck stacked against him.

You could say he was predestined to betray Jesus.

Someone had to "fulfill prophecy" It wasn't fair to hand that job to a human. It should have been given to Satan or one his servants.

Just my 2 pieces of silver.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit