I Am Beginning To Despise This "Cult"

by minimus 33 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Lately, I feel more and more disturbed over everything the Watchtower stands for. I can't stomach the JWs. I can't tolerate their pettiness. I am just beginning to get angrier over their self righteousness. Tonight, we went to my niece's anniversary party but my aunt, uncle and their son and wife refused to go because they heard my daughter and her fiancee smoked "weed". And since my daughter and her fiancee would be there, they declined to go. Then my mother told me that they will not attend their wedding either because their "conscience" would bother them! I felt bad that my aunt, uncle and cousin and his wife were so extremely petty that they could even rationalize their thinking to not even go to my niece's party. As I told my mother, when I brought her home tonight, "Well, what can I expect? They do belong to a cult. I'm not mad at them. They can't help how they think. They've been conditioned to think that they are right." Later I told my brother, "Normal people wouldn't think like this! At least "worldly" people are "normal' "

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

It use to kill me also especially as I got older. One time a group of witnesses and I were going to see a movie, but the movie was rated PG-13 which is better than a R rated movie. Well some ignorant MS who didn't know anything discouraged the majority in the group from going because of the PG-13. I explained to the group that PG-13 is a "lighter" rating than a R or even a PG. But many refused to go.

Needless to say I went.

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

Minimus,

I know how you feel.

I stayed in for a long time, thinking I could in some small manner make a difference. Then, I started to distance myself from the Society but at the same time had feelings of guilt that I should be there for those I truely love and care about, and needed my support in the congregation. Now I have the feeling that the whole WT&BTS thing is totally beyond repair.

eyeslice

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    Now I have the feeling that the whole WT&BTS thing is totally beyond repair.

That's no "feeling" eyeslice, it's the truth!

"Get out of her, my people, if you do not want to share with her in her sins!"

• talesin
    talesin
    At least "worldly" people are "normal' "

Well, I wouldn't go quite that far...

Seriously, though, I understand how you feel. And glad to hear you specify not the individuals but the "cult" as most of them are just, imo, 'lost souls'. Be angry, min, but don't let it make you bitter.

tal

• Maverick
    Maverick

They can't help themselves Min. They are like the god they worship, and that one is a petty, insecure, and selfish god. And I'm not talking about the Creator, I'm speaking of the governingbodygod in Brooklyn. Maverick

• MicStroz
    MicStroz

I have a sister that will not speak to me, it's been close to 10 years.

I've never been DF'd or DA'd, but because I will not go to meetings she'll

have nothing to do with me......Christ like wouldn't you say.

Now that my wife has just left the borg they may come gunning

for both of us. Had an elder in her congregation leave a message and

would like to sit and talk with both of us...........I DON'T THINK SO!!!!!!!!

I think the elders in her {{OLD}} congregation are wondering if I have my wife

tied up in a closet. I've twisted her mind is what they are thinking.

• gumby
    gumby
    Lately, I feel more and more disturbed over everything the Watchtower stands for.

That's how it goes when you exit. I went through various phases of being mad and angry the longer I was out. That lasted for quite some time. Then you go through a phase of feeling sorry for them. Then you go through a phase in which you tire of denouncing them. Then you get burned in some way as you have just described and you back to the mad, angry, and disgusted mode again. It never ends.

Gumby

• little witch
    little witch

Mini

congrats on your entry to beginning the dispise mode. Imagine how you will feel in five or ten years!

The things you are dealing with are directly related to how the borg controls. They know how to hang on to their numbers being by using family ties to bind. That is a foul ball. Use that manuever to strike them out, not to get a walk.

I hope for you and yours peace and love. Don't worry bout your mothers position. Just continue to care for her in her old age and let her know you love her. Let her go in peace dear.

As for the rest of the family, you are an example of a good person who only seeks peace and freedom from harm. You are maybe the first of your family to voice a difference of view and with that label comes responsibility and all the abuse that will come from being in the lead.

Live a good life, for such is confounding to those taught that anyone who leaves is a drunken, foundering idiot who will boink without conscience, puke in gutters, and try to drag "gods people" down to his depths.

Be well, and keep your focus on you and yours.

This sort of reminds me of something that happened a few years ago. I being never indoctrinated invited my sister (a fading jw with many questions) to my daughters baptism on Easter Sunday! She and my BIL came.

Being Easter Sunday we (baptist persuation) had the bread and wine thing.

I think this was my sisters first vistit to a mainline christian church. At any rate, when the bread and wine was passed and consumed, she respectfully declined the offer. When the plate of contribution was passed, she gave.

We had difference of thinking, but met together in joy at the event. There was no hostility in this at all. She also attended my sons wedding in the same church and a good time was had by all.

Putting it in perspective, respect others beliefs, do not be over bearing or critical. You will be suprised how family loves family if not threatened.

Do what you will and do not take to heart if you meet with distant resistance. Continue to live your life as you see fit, and grant your loved ones the same dignity.

• Farkel
    Farkel

Minimus,

Maybe they all refused to attend because they are cheap bastards and don't want to have to buy any gifts.

Dubs are like that, you know.

Farkel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit