Big Tex & cruzanheart: 1, Elders: 0

by cruzanheart 48 Replies latest jw friends

• 4JWY
    4JWY

Nina - per Thunder Rider's post:

YOU CAN BORROW MY SWORD ANYTIME! ( my avatar)

"APPRECIATE" your good example! More to you in pm

• Poztate
    Poztate
    But I did get out of them that they would not DA either of us unless we wrote a letter, which is all I really cared about

Geez,

I hope they didn't have their fingers crossed when they made this promise.

Oh well,it might not matter.When they read out that you are DA'ed you can always appeal cause they lied to you.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

My Heroes

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Nina and Tex,

What laughs you brought as I read your posts! The doggy welcoming committee was hilarious! What a visual THAT was! LOL!

Congratulations on your way of dealing with these two "shepherds", you couldn't have done any better at putting them in their place (politely) than if you'd rehearsed this scene for months in advance! My hat is off to you both!

I LOVE these kinds of posts! (YAY!)

hugs,

Annie

• imallgrowedup
    imallgrowedup

ROFLMBO!!!! What a great story! You guys are my heros!!!! Awesome job!!!

growedup

P.S. I would have loved to have been the fly on the wall when you got to the apostafest! I bet you guys all had a real good chuckle together over it!!!

• blacksheep
    blacksheep

Wow. Your fathers death...all the other things you've been thru. I've never ONCE been visted by any JW's, and I'm assuming I"m classed as "disassociated/inactive." If I had ANYONE come to my house in such a capacity, they'd be gone in an instaI'nt. But that's me. I'm pretty impatient.

• CountryGuy
    CountryGuy

Please tell me you had a secret video camera running and got all this on video. That would be sweet, we could all watch it at the Chili-Apostafest in May.

I wanna be just like you guys when I grow up!!!

CountryGuy

• Quotes
    Quotes

Country Guy, I was thinking the exact same thing! Please tell me you recorded this!

It would make the start of a great new section at Quotes: "Recording of Elders on Shepherding Calls"

I was laughing when I read this! Beautifully played. Esp. the way they jumpted right to the "Do you believe...." question. GaryBus would be proud!

Poor elders, after years of "bible training" in how to handle "objections in the field" they finally met something they were unprepared for: an informed, intelligen, prepared couple!

Good on you!!!!!

• talesin
    talesin
    "I've been waiting.

I wonder what they thought when they realized you were ready for them?

Good for you for being cool, it's the only way to deal with folks who are determined to be right, and they have no 'facts'. Getting angry and being illogical only makes you look the fool. I bet it felt good. "revenge is a dish best served cold"

Maybe you made one of them think about their 'shepherding' and how hypocritical. Who knows?

talesin

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior

thank you for the laughs Nina !! I love the way you write !!

think they'll be back?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit