Morsels of Lard

by Xena 39 Replies latest jw friends

• Dino
    Dino

Yep Xena you guessed it, there was copious amounts of booze flowing.

In fact, he said he drank so many margaritas that he passed a lime wedge.

Then he graduated from margaritas to Margot Kidders!

LOL...

Dino

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    He realized that the shucks werent meant to be consumed. Too late.

The next morning he said he knew what it felt like to go through childbirth!

Yikes! Talk about RUFF-age

• flower
    flower

xena,

Wendys are the best...nice and thick. :)

• flower
    flower

So from what I gather this Tamale is a Mexican thing? I love mexican!! but my favorite mexican restaurante does not seem to have this on the menu. Could it be that I have been decieved and defruaded by an imposter restaurant? Or could it be that they are called something else in this area? Here is the menu at my restaurant...please tell me if anything resembles this thing you call tamales.

http://www.margs.com/menu1.htm

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Carne Asada Burrito from Escondido....YUMMMMMM!

Frannie B

• Xena
    Xena

Tamales Recipe

Authentic Mexican Tamales
    Recipe Ingredients
    • 5 lbs. lean pork or beef, cooked and shredded
    • 6 to 7 lbs. fresh masa (Masa - Masa is the Mexican word for "dough". It refers to the corn dough used to make tortillas, tamales, as well as other traditional Mexican dishes.)
    • 1 1/2 lbs lard
    • 1 tbls. salt
    • 1 1/2 pts. red chili sauce
    • 1 bundle oujas (corn shucks)
    How to Make Tamales

To make tamales, cook meat by boiling in a large covered pot with enough water to cover completely. Add salt to taste and slow boil till completely done. Cool meat and save broth. When meat has cooled, shred and mix in the chili sauce. Clean oujas (corn shucks or outer husk)in warm water. (make masa by hand or with mixer) Mix the masa, lard , salt and enough broth to make a smooth paste. Beat till a small amount (1 tsp) will float in a cup of cool water.

Spread masa (1/8 to 1/4 inch thick layer, or to preference) on ouja, add a small amount of meat and roll up. Fold up ends of ouja and place(fold down) on a rack in a pan deep enough to steam. Add 1 to 2 inches water, cover with a tight fitting lid and steam about 1 1/2 hours. (a cloth can be used under the lid to make a tighter fit)

Many variations of ingredients can be used in making tamales. You can use a combination of beef and pork, use chicken or even fried beans. One or two olives may be added to the center or try adding a few raisins.
    This recipe will make 4 to 5 dozen Mexican tamales
  • DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Sounds yummy. I think some of the Mexican restaurants around here (and there are plenty) serve tamales, next time I go I'll be sure to have some. May the gods of fat have mercy on the sides of my waist!

• flower
    flower

well they dont look all that appetizing but i'll take your word for it.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

XENA!!!! You have some 'splaining to do!!!!!

I went to a local Mexican restaurant (Mi Mexico) tonight and ordered 3 chicken tamales. I couldn't finish one!!! YUCK!!! The shell had the consistency of slightly wet Wonder bread and tasted funky.

• Xena
    Xena

Dan, dude...you have to come to TEXAS to get good ones

Sorry for your bad experience though, hhhmmmmm well just don't judge all tamales by that one. Tamales are like men or women my friend...sometimes you get a nasty funky one and sometimes you get a good yummy one.....teehee

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit