Passing the time at JW Assemblies

by Leolaia 66 Replies latest jw friends

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

I guess I was boring because there were only two things I ever did at assemblies. I would either sleep or I would argue with my wife for waking me up.

Walter

• blondie
    blondie

What about Mulan's BS Bingo?

• simplesally
    simplesally

I have forgotten how BS bingo goes............it would be fun if you could play silently with another person. Maybe even use a PDA and beam each other when you get something good.

• FMZ
    FMZ

Hi there, new to the board. Ex-JW (born into the bOrg, left last year when I was 20) in search of the real truth.

My way of passing time at the conventions etc the last couple of years was concentrating on not throwing up. Suffering from social anxiety problems and a fear of being in crowds was never any fun. I would always have to sit by the aisle because if there was someone I didnt know between me and the aisle I would freak out. But of course, I HAD to attend. My parents made me sit with them each time. One time I took a walkman and listened to the program from outside the arena. Even though I was sat there on the steps outside with a Bible in hand, I still got dirty looks from the elders walking past.

Oh well... of course, I am not good enough for Jehovah because I don't like being around people, and found it hard to go on the ministry.

FMZ

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

Passing the time at the assembly was sometimes an exercise in futility. I am just thankful I don't have to twitch in my seat anymore for hours on end...

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

When I was younger, I would pretend that I was playing hockey. I would play an entire game during the sessions. Since our assemblies were almost always held in hockey arenas, this served the dual purpose of occupying me and making it look like I was paying attention. A couple of times, we had our DCs in football stadiums. That was cool, too.

Around lunch time, I would imagine the speaker as a roasted turkey.

• TonyT
    TonyT
    What about Mulan's BS Bingo?

That was a classic post. We should repost it for the Newbies.

Wait a minute.................................I am a newbie

• blondie
    blondie

Using a list of JW buzzwords, you keep track every time one is used and when you hear a certain number of them (five?) you yell out bullsh*t.

• brooklynNY
    brooklynNY

hey homey

i remember those mind numbing sessions at belmont race track as a kid. i use to the same thing to pass the time. I also use to stare at the irrigation trucks that circled the race track that keep the infield watered. later when i became a teenager i would volunteer for just about any assignment that would keep me from having to sit through those boring talks.

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

I remember those trucks and tractors that kept going around in circles! And then when they passed the podium you couldn't here the speaker cause the machine would drown out the mic! Belmont was nice though because there were so many places to walk to during intermision time. Lots of forest and trees in the area.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit