THEY'RE EVERYWHERE...

by shamus 27 Replies latest jw experiences

• heathen
    heathen

I remember meeting one at work he was always criticized about not joining the teamster union where as I who was temporary continued to try and get union support for a job and got nothing . Those teamsters suck so I can't blame the poor sap for refusing to join . He was actually a nice guy and did not try to convert anybody but took the work seriously .

• Strawberryfieldsforever
    Strawberryfieldsforever

I see them all the time on the school bus route. They're out in service (usually in a van) and all dressed up. I just look the other way. YUCK!!!

• shamus
    shamus
    Jehovah Witness workers, and any who claim to be of any religous affiliation are usually poor workers and nothing to brag about.

I find that Jehovers are some of the WORST workers. When I was a dub, I had a policy; absolutley positively no hiring witnesses, end of story. They sure ask for a lot of favours; ones that are unacceptable.

Now that I'm notin the cult, I would not discriminate. I could fire them and not even hear about it, LOL!

• Larry
    Larry

I recall being a loyal JDub in the 80's and my supervisor commented that the JDubs in B'klyn would walk up and down the street with her, trying to sell those magazines, when she went to work - Of course this put a smile on my face. She added that they would sit next to her on the subway and say "look at this magazine, isn't it interesting?" At this point I was beaming with pride, saying to myself - "those are my people." Then she turned to me and said "Lawrence, those people never stop..." Then I blurted out "Yes, we are everywhere!" Noticing my boastfulness, she replied "Yes, everywhere like dog shit." Needless to say I didn't speak to her for a week - If looks could kill she would have been died instantly.

JDubs are not everywhere like they use to be, but there is a group of older folks standing at the Staten Island ferry everyday. When I was in the BORG I was right there with them, holding up the magz for a hour or two b4 going to work. I was the apple of their eye, now I'm the bad apple :)

Peace - Larry :)

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront
    but he was flipping around a Watchtower magazine, trying to make it look like he was really interested in it. It was so obvious that he was broadcasting it since he wasn't really reading it. I guess he was hoping that someone would approach him and say, "Excuse me, but I couldn't help but wonder what you're reading that's so interesting?" Dork.

My wife pulls this shi# all the time when there's a death in the family or we're in a group on non-jw. She plans that crap. She'll pull out a magazine or tract and hold it in her hand and sit there like a mannequin waiting for someone to show any interest.

Irritates the hell out of me!!!

• Insomniac
    Insomniac

My mom used to hold up the rags when she was traveling places by bus and had to go through a scary bus station, like New Orleans or the big one in NYC. She said that the crowd would part for her, and she tended to get a seat on the bus all to herself.

This was, of course, Jehover's blessing on her faithfulness, and not because people don't want to be preached to for 8 hours straight.

• Mac
    Mac
    Has anyone seen them in strange places????????

I once discovered some in a pant cuff preaching the evils of Lent.......I think it was just a misunderstanding!!!

mac

• Dansk
    Dansk

For some reason they seem a bit wary of coming down our end of the street!

Ian

• shamus
    shamus
    Then I blurted out "Yes, we are everywhere!" Noticing my boastfulness, she replied "Yes, everywhere like dog shit.

I just can't believe how funny that is! I wish that I was there, ROFLMAO!

Hey Ian, are you officially "apostate" now? Did you get DF'd, or did you DA? Jeez, they must sure hate you now, LOL!

Yes, preach this good news far and wide... make kingdumb halls in thoust name... make meetings and elders.... the end is near... er um no, now it's near... er um, now it's really near.... bla bla bla.... last days... all twisted around! Oh, wait! We're only human, we didn't really know when the end was... this generation could be 135 years or whateva...

I am not using that example because the time of "the end" bothered me so much, but just looking at the different "understandings" they had is incredible. Wow, what an understanding... we contribute nothing to society. Apologists say that the preaching work is contributing to society.... I remember one "sister" who got convicted of domestic abuse against her husband and had to do 100 hours of community service. Guess how she did that. Yup, you guessed it. They would not let her have the "official" title of auxillary pioneer though, because, well, she was a bad little dubbie, LOL! (her husband was not in the troof, BTW)

• Dansk
    Dansk

Hi Shamus,

Hey Ian, are you officially "apostate" now? Did you get DF'd, or did you DA? Jeez, they must sure hate you now, LOL!

Those are really good questions!

I haven't been told (nor has Claire or Karl - Dominic was never baptised) that we've been DF'd and we have never DA'd (we won't play their games - I'm not wasting the paper and ink). Get this, some JWs will talk to us - when we come upon them unexpectedly, though somewhat nervously. Others will walk past and ignore us. Still others will turn around and move away quickly --- and yet Karl met the PO coming along the road and he asked how he was and how mum and dad were?????????

There's been a marking talk (though we were never mentioned by name) and some people obviously related to us and others didn't. I guess it's just down to individuals but, quite frankly, WE DON'T CARE. WHOOH, LET'S PARTY. YEAH!!

Love,

Ian

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit