THEY'RE EVERYWHERE...

by shamus 27 Replies latest jw experiences

• shamus
    shamus

Ian,

That's hilarious! I think that they think that you've just "faded". That is a pretty typical reaction once you stop going to meetings, at least in this part of the world. I guess the gossip is flying about your family... Pretty silly isn't it?

• cowboyroy
    cowboyroy

i work with 6 jw's in a relatively small office. unfortunately, some of them i've known my entire life. when i was recently disfellowshipped, i was approached and asked to reconsider my job at the office as it would make jehovah's people look bad because of the way they were "going to have to treat me". now i have to listen to them (mainly one in particular) preaching all day long every time she's in the office.

• franklin J
    franklin J

coeboyroy--

in response to your post above---re: being asked to reconsider your job, because it would make them look bad due to how they would have to treat you....I hope you kept your job and allowed them all to make fools of themselves.

The hypocrisy of the JW belief system is so evident when they will treat a "wordly" person with common courtesy, and will ignore or mistreat an ex JW. I hope you showed them up to be the FOOLS THAT THEY ARE.

• shamus
    shamus

I, too, hope that you kept your job just to spite them.

• cowboyroy
    cowboyroy

not only did i keep my job, but i met with my manager and boss to tell them about the situation. i explained to them WHY the jw's won't be talking to me anymore, as well as warned them that they might go to them as a group.

i was actually worried that they would all get together and say to the owner "either she goes or we all go". they never did, and i don't go out of my way to avoid them at all. the FUNNIEST thing about it, is that one "sister" that works with me doesn't bother to get a babysitter for her 3 year old kid, she just brings her into the office with her and lets her run around (once she even left her in the car for an hour sleeping, i don't know what that's all about)

but it's funny, she won't speak to me for anything other than business, but she has no problem when her little daughter who loves me wants to spend all of her time playing in my office and talking to me (even though i end up telling her to come and get her kid because i'm working, not babysitting.) only because it gets her daughter out of her hair for a little while. unbelievable.

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

I once discovered some in a pant cuff preaching the evils of Lent.......I think it was just a misunderstanding!!!

mac

Mac. Did you mean Lint?

• Mac
    Mac

No......I meant Lent..the misunderstanding may have been about lint.........I know the difference...trust me on this one..k??

mac, of the what's the use class.........I quit!

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

Last year, as I was walking up the side of the courthouse returning to my office from lunch, I saw this woman with a "bag" begin to walk towards me. My instincts called it right; she was a Jdub. I refused the literature and that was that.

Of course, she should not have been outside a courthouse "doing her thing", so I went in and spoke to the deputies and they asked her to move away from the courthouse if she wanted to "evangelize".

I know she thought she was doing the right thing, but I didn't want to have to look out my window and watch her. Once you let them "in", you know how the word gets out. They would have someone posted at the front and back entrance, and people just don't "want religion" after they've been in court. It's just not the place for it.

Besides, with terrorist activities, how easy would it be for "someone" to pretend to be a JW, and have a bomb or a gun in their bag? This is why the deputies would not allow her to "station herself there". No one is allowed to loiter around the courthouse buildings.

/<

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit