THEY'RE EVERYWHERE...

by shamus 27 Replies latest jw experiences

• shamus
    shamus

Well, sitting having lunch at work, and I notice these three kinda different guys. No swearing, no cursing (I work in a saw mill), and just clean-cut and nice looking.

You guessed it, Jobie Nitwits. The one 20 year old younger guy called the one guy brother XXXX. I mean, they have to be, LOL! Who the hell calls someone by they're last name.

Dammed weirdo's.

Maybe I should tell them who I am, LOL! I would have no problem telling them that I was once assosiated, but fell away from the troof. I would tell them exactly why; the rotten way that I was treated, and others. And tell them all about silent lambs; tell them of my roommate who was molested by his father, and how ef-ed up he was.

But what can y ou do. They're everywhere.

Has anyone seen them in strange places????????

• Panda
    Panda

Street witnessing, but that's all lately. I do have a friend who's shop that they stop by to leave mags, they sometimes sit and talk, I asked if I could come, she grinned and said SUUURRRE.

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

I work for a very large NYC transit agency with many divisions, buses, trains, track etc. Being a supervisor I deal with many job locations and people and I find many witnesses. When I find out a worker is a witness I let them know immediately so that if they don't want to speal to me anymore they dont have to , and if they do, fine.

Generally they ask how long I served and been DF'd and encourage me to come back, and since its work I'm polite and don't get into no arguments or debates and just listen politely. But I can tell you that Jehovah Witness workers, and any who claim to be of any religous affiliation are usually poor workers and nothing to brag about.

I have a quote I tell my fellow supervisors concerning workers who talk about Church/God or Jesus and that is:

If there preachers, teachers, Jehovahs witnesses or Sunday School teachers keep three eyes on them MF ERS!

• blondie
    blondie

They called each other "brother" at work!!!!!

They are nitwits.

In 45 years as an active JW, never once, never once, did I call a JW co-worker brother or sister on the job.

Blondie

• franklin J
    franklin J

I honestly have not seen any recently .

they came to my door once 18 mos ago; I was polite and told them my background. They came back for a return visit and were visibly perturbed by the American Flag waving from my front porch ( start of Iraq war) and the massive, beautifully decorated xmas tree in my living room. They eyed the "pagan" icons contemptably and said to me "You were a witness?" They did not return.

About 3 weeks ago they evidently came when we were having an early Sunday dinner. No doorbell rang; no knocking; howevr they left an Awake magazine in the door ( this promplty found its way into the burning fireplace).

I suppose they do not cover the territories as well as they used to.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

The last one I saw was at McDonalds. He wasn't in his meeting attire, but he was flipping around a Watchtower magazine, trying to make it look like he was really interested in it. It was so obvious that he was broadcasting it since he wasn't really reading it. I guess he was hoping that someone would approach him and say, "Excuse me, but I couldn't help but wonder what you're reading that's so interesting?" Dork.

• nobody told me
    nobody told me

I haven't seen anyone in the door to door work in 2 years now, but 2 weeks ago there were 4 overweight dubs taking a break at Dunkin Doughnuts.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I see Jehover Witnesses...

They're everywhere...

Only they don't know they are Jehover Witnesses...

• imallgrowedup
    imallgrowedup

The Mormons do that, too... never ceases to amaze me how the missionaries who live in the same apartment together call each other "Brother X*" or "Sister X*" even when no one else is around. Scary.

growedup

* X = last name

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

Haven't been bothered ever, though I've had a dream for the past like 7 years that someone I know was going to come and knock on my door thereby causing alot of problems. I wonder if dreams come true? Too strange, when my grandmother passed away a couple of months ago a bunch of witnesses came to the funeral. Some were nice, some weren't all were badly dressed. One of the elders told me repeatidly "you know I'm only a phone call away" my wife looked at me with a "WTF?" look and I just politly told him the funeral was celebrating my grandmother's life not the hope for the new system.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit