Emotional Day

by Puternut 52 Replies latest jw friends

• Puternut
    Puternut

I am having one of those days. It all started yesterday when I was picking up some work from a client yesterday nearby. When I walked in the store, the Nora Jones CD was playing and I became emotional. My heart started pounding in my chest. She asked me if I was ok, she knows me well, and knows my circumstances. Then she asked how my children were. I was unable to contain myself. Tears well up inside of me. She know's it's a touchy subject, and felt bad for inquiring about it. But I knew she meant well. And I expressed myself from my soul.

Earlier that day I came across some pictures of my kids. I haven't had any contact with them for a very long time. I feel empty without them. They are 19 and 17 now and the oldest is getting married this fall. I have been informed, I am not to be present. I understand how they feel, after all I am the one who taught them about their faith. I didn't have the heart to tell them last time, that Daddy is not coming back. I did not want to break their hearts. They are so innocent.

Nevertheless, it's diffcult not to have contact with them. So my cliend and I talked for a while and she told me she'd pray for me. I was touched by that kind gesture, eventhough I don't pray myself. She gave me a long sincere hug, and told me that in time hopefully things will work out. She is trying to understand, since she had some family that were dubs.

I have been sending on occasion notes to my children to let them know that I still love them. Everytime I compose these notes, it is extremely difficult for me, because I don't expect a reply. Not that I am expecting one, but it's form of communication, and I would love to just even see a glimps of them.

Today I need to write them again, yet since I am trying to do that, it is always an emotional moment. I am unable to concentrate on my work, I can't focus, and I have to force myself to get with it. As I am composing this post, my eyes are obstucted with tears, that's how much I am hurting inside. The emotional distress within, is sometimes unbearable. Since I have no more family that I can communicate with, I appeal to you, to help me today cope with my emotions. Words fail me, to tell you how much I appreciate all of you.

If you have any family at all that you have some contact with, be proud and thankful. There is nothing more difficult, than having an empty hole in your heart that aches, due to loss of family.

Puternut

• calamityjane
    calamityjane

(((Puternut))))). I know how you feel

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Many hugs to you Puternut. My thoughts are with you, and I hope that one day that this disgraceful practice will, itself, be shunned by them.

CG

• bebu
    bebu

(((((puternut))))))

I am so sad for you. I hope you will find peace as you wait for your girls.

My prayers are with you, too.

bebu

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    I have been sending on occasion notes to my children to let them know that I still love them. Everytime I compose these notes, it is extremely difficult for me, because I don't expect a reply

Say what is in your heart Puternut. The words will come. Keep on writing, as that is in your control, and it keeps the relationship alive. There will come a day, whether they are still JWs or not when they will realize what they have missed, and what they are doing. I have found as I've grown older, the hard line stances I used to take have softened, not through weakness but through awareness. Wisdom comes when we begin to realize the total tonnage of what we do not understand. When that day comes, they will approach you and be ready to accept you for who are rather than what they want you to be. In the meantime, do not give in to bitterness and do not allow your pain to overwhelm you.

Be well,

Chris

• desib77
    desib77

((((Puternut)))))

Desi

• franklin J
    franklin J

Ary,

I am sorry for your pain. Call your kids, just to talk to them.

I have three kids and they mean everything to me---I understand.

They also drive me nuts sometimes and I would be willing to lend a few of them to you on a "lend lease" basis.

regards and be well, Frank

• simplesally
    simplesally

(((((((Puter)))))) I can't say I know how because my daughter is in my life, but I have had family cut me off.........my sister has not spoken to me for about 3 years now and I miss her terribly but now after her contrived actions, I see her for the person she is. My dad cut me off for 2 years because I stayed in an abusive relationship........tough love. But now my Dad is back in my life. I can't see how either of them did this, its just so controlling.

Like I said this morning, continue to write to them, you don't need to burden them with guilt, just a note that says, "Love, Dad" is sufficient to let them know you are always there. If they ever come to their senses they won't be afraid to call you if you have kept the door open.

Much love to you on this day.......... As Teryn calls you, "our friend."

• Greenpalmtreestillmine
    Greenpalmtreestillmine

Puternut,

I have no words to say........my heart goes out to you.

You are not alone in your grief we are here.

Sabrina

• Sassy
    Sassy

Hey Puternut.. (Sassy gives Puternut a warm friend hug)

I know this is hard. I do the same thing. Last night I ran into pictures while trying to dig out a picture for SimpleSally, and saw some pictures of my kids. I paused for a second on them and then knew I would end up crying if I dallied my eyes upon them longer. Not long ago my blackknight brought up my boys as he held me and I literally broke down bawling. What he said wasn't wrong but their loss in my life has been devastating to me. I know our situations are tototally different, but the absense in the heart is similar. This isn't fair and it isn't easy. I know I am losing my mom too and it tears at me a little more each day.

I wish I had answers for you. The one thing I do know is that every day it seems someone new has news that a loved one has began to have doubts and is chosing to stop association with the WTS. I know it is a long shot, but we can't give up hope that unlike in the past when we wanted our loved ones to 'come into the org', now we want them to have their eyes opened and get out.. I hope things change for you down the road and for your kids. In the mean time, I hope you find what you need to get through the days and handle the emotions of their absense in your days. I found that although the heart never stops hurting or wanting, days do get easier..

and we are here for you for anything..

(want a shots on the side MSN chat tonight?) maybe we could get a let's pick up Puternut party going?? I'm up for it.. I'll even bring the VODKA..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit