10 Things That You Never See At Assemblies:

by Englishman 39 Replies latest jw friends

• esther
    esther

The final prayer? I used to wonder if it was really a shortened Public Talk. (Sometimes not much shortened, either)

Enlightened, you asked

are they clapping as a symbol of saying "Thank God thats over and done with for another year!!"
    I clapped for that one.

esther

• Rex B13
    Rex B13

That final prayer was a good chance to prove how 'spiritual' the brother was, yuck yuck. I don't remember what the minimal service time was to get invited to do this.
    I'll bet my buddy, Alan F. was one of these guys in his heyday.
    Rex

• Angharad
    Angharad

Sorry Philo

I've only just mastered joined up writing, reading is next week.

• think41self
    think41self

Eman,

You are just tooooo funny. That pic of the ladies bowing....and your caption....I would bow, too.

I concur with Slayer's response.

think41self

• Englishman
    Englishman

T41,

The funny thing is that those ladies are actually learning how to do the Mexican wave, my warped humour saw the caption later,

Englishman.

..... fanaticism masquerading beneath a cloak of reasoned logic.

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

Jan, I rather like your photo...totally non-dweeb in my book and who you gonna listen to, ME or some guy named REX?? LOL

BTW Rex, thanks for your concern regarding our sexual health but I believe that most of us are capable of acting responsibly with regards to that area of our lives...when you read posts with sexual innuendo, that does not automatically equate with an immoral lifestyle or an "MTV attitude". We enjoy the freedom we have to express ourselves openly on this board and it is often great fun!

Eman,
    I've NEVER seen the Chippendale dancers at an assembly...believe me, if I had, I'd still be going!

Dana

"A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born."
    Antoine de Saint-Exupery

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

Rex; my, aren't you an offesive little prig then?

Any other light-hearted conversations you can defecate over? Or are you done?

• Rex B13
    Rex B13

Abaddon,

Another Norwegian Ninny replies in classless manner.

Rex

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster
    Sorry to send the posts back a few paces, but did anyone ever sneak a sit down during those looonnnngg prayers given by brother who only had one change so decide to grandstand?

No, but I rocked back on my feet alot and dreamed of sitting down.

While the echo of the speakers and the traditional flapping of the programs to cool down drifted through the stadium.

Slipnslidemaster: "You can pretend to be serious; you can't pretend to be witty."
    - Sacha Guitry

• Jeremy Bravo
    Jeremy Bravo

Preston:

DON'T TALK ABOUT FIGHT CLUB!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit