10 Things That You Never See At Assemblies:

by Englishman 39 Replies latest jw friends

• Englishman
    Englishman

Angharad,

I was always amazed at the response when I gave assembly talks.

Englishman.

..... fanaticism masquerading beneath a cloak of reasoned logic.

• Angharad
    Angharad

opps

• Angharad
    Angharad

Good pic EM

No Stantic Chanting

Imagaine how many attendents would drag you out if you did.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day my English friend,

People standing up with their fist raised high saying "Yes!"
    What about people standing up and saying "No!"?
    Have you ever heard anyone allowed to put a contrary point of view on a scriptural position? Betcha haven't!

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"Truth persuades by teaching, but does not teach by persuading."
    TERTULLIAN, Adversus Valentinianos

• LDH
    LDH

Wet T-shirt contest.

Hottest Male Body contest.

Lisa

PS LaDonna-that's a Leonidas rose on your pic. Just wanted to let you know if you didn't. One of the most beautiful roses.

• Enlighted UK
    Enlighted UK

Did you find that at the end of the assembly, just after the closing prayer, everyone clapped?

Now I ask myself, are they clapping to say thank you for all the wonderful talks, experiences etc etc.

or......

are they clapping as a symbol of saying "Thank God thats over and done with for another year!!"

Enlighted UK

• Preston
    Preston

The 10 Things That You Never See At Assemblies But Should:

1.) "Pin the Tail on the Circuit Overseer"

2.) "Public Floggings of Elders who give the longest prayers, most boring talks, criticize people for going to the bathroom, etc... at District Conventions"

3.) "Awards for Best Dressed Goth in the Congregation"

4.) Makeshift Version of "weakest link" show with elders who know very little about anything...

5.) Viewings of reality show of Jehovah's Witnesses try to recruit members in leather bars, sex shops, and gay clubs. IT'S FABBUULOOUUUSS!!!

6.) "Elders say the Darndest Things!"

7.) Art Show of the Surrealisitc and dadaist influnces incorporated in Watchtower art!

8.) Public apologies by elders who disfellowshiped people in the congregation. Elder who gives the worse apology gets sent to Beirut for a full year!

9.) FIGHT CLUB!

10.) Public Concert where elders are coerced into singing songs by Prince and Village People.

• outcast
    outcast

Fred Hall or YouKnow giving a talk.

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

No pony rides.

No cotton candy.

• Angharad
    Angharad

We never had any of those, but we did once have a pitch invasion!

They we giving away the flowers that were around the platform, and a huge queue had formed, but all of a sudden loads of people rushed forward and started graping the flowers.

It was very sureal, as is went very quite in the stands as people we just watching in disbelief, there was a hell of a mass after.

There was actually an item on the service meeting about it a few weeks after.

Thats Manchester for you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit