Cheerleaders.

A streaker.

Ice cream / Hot dog vendors.

People standing up with their fist raised high saying "Yes!"

Extra time.

Presentation of awards.

Autographs.

Booing.

The audience waving their lighters as night falls.

There must be more!

Englishman.

..... fanaticism masquerading beneath a cloak of reasoned logic.

• DrunkWithLiberty
    DrunkWithLiberty

Englishman,
    At the '74 or '75 Vancouver, BC international convention, we had a streaker. Best part of the program.
    Love to all, Angeleah

• esther
    esther

Englishman
    We used to have ice cream vans at out Assemblies. They always had long queues.
    We never had standing ovations

esther

• LadyBug
    LadyBug

Englishman
    If conventions had all those things, we'd all want to keep going.

• Angharad
    Angharad

I'd say we had extra time at our assemblies, when some very enthusiastic brother would get to say a prayer. Some of them just went on and on, going over every point raise in the session. If you looked up you could see people starting to lean on the seats in front.

• philo
    philo

Englishman

We had a streaker at Southampton around 1993. And the next year there was a squirrel on the pitch, which both livened up proceeding amazingly. You gotta ask, of it takes a rodent to bring the programme to life, how much would it take to kill it off?

philo

• orbison
    orbison

greetings drunkwithliberty
    are you still in the vancouver area???

• ladonna
    ladonna

YES!!!!!
    The prayers........

They would go on and on and on and on and I would start to get dizzy and look around and see others looking around.....then I would feel really ticked off.

I mean......I don't know if I believe in God anymore.....but don't you all just think that he would look down and say..." why don't they just get on with it...I have better things to do than sit around listening to them"

Ana

• TR
    TR

No beer

No rock music

No breast painting booth

TR

"Kults Suk"

• Angharad
    Angharad

Patio

Squirrels - reminded me of when we had our assemblies in open football grounds, and the centre of attention was the pigeions (sp) on the pitch, which would always fly away when we clapped - hours of entertainment. How sad we were.

One year there was a HUGE thunderstorm right above the area of the ground. Just after the brother said Good morning welcome to the convention, there was the loudest clap of thunder I have ever heard - quite fitting really.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit