Why is this an APOSTATE site?!?

by LaraK 37 Replies latest forum suggestions

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

"Why is it necessary to have a site like this?"

Because it is literally a Lifesaver ! I will give personal testimony on this.

Shortly before I actually left, I sank in to deep Suicidal Depression, and came so dangerously close to ending my life. Loving people on this Site begged me to seek Therapy, which I did, but would not have, having still got the JW thinking on the matter, my Therapist was brilliant, she had treated a number of ex JW's, so knew what she was doing.

This Site aided my recovery no end, I was gradually, again with the help of many a kind Poster, to get rid of all JW thinking, feelings, and of course, beliefs.

It was, particularly in those days, a very educational Site, (use the Search facility) some very erudite people Posted, and taught me about the Art of Critical Thinking, directed me to great books to read, and really clued me up on lots of things that as a a JW you are denied.

So, from the bottom of my heart, thank you Simon, Angharad, and all involved,especially those lovely people who took the time to help me !

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Well said Phizzy ,and I also would be curious to know where Larak is today ? still entrnched in WT- BS or an apostate in her/his own right ?

And a lot can change in 19 years .

As for bringing back old posts I think it is good for some as there were many gems delivered by some exceptional people over time and newbies should not be denied some of those gems.

Sometimes I just use the search engine and just go back and read some that appeal to me and I learn someting new everytime I do.

• coalize
    coalize

Literally the first thing we see entering the site :

Are you people 'The Watchtower'?

No - we're an independent community site offering support for both current and former Jehovah's Witnesses and anyone else who has been affected by the beliefs, doctrines and practices of the Jehovah's Witness religion as governed by the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society (WTB&TS).

We are not affiliated with the WTB&TS in any way and we take your privacy and security very seriously doing our utmost to protect your identity and provide a friendly, tolerant and informative environment where you can ask questions, share information and make new friends. Membership is completely free and anonymous so why not join today!

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I personally thought this is a "multi-purpose" site.

I, among others here are "in".

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Just a couple of tips for people searching for educated information, the posters as follows were great, among many others :

Leolaia for background on the Bible writings and their origins and more ! Doug Mason for the same, Alanf for much on the false JW teaching and on some JW history, and from these Threads you can be led to those of other early posters, some no longer on here, who will give you much insight.

I still find it annoying, slightly insulting even, unless I use the epithet as a label for myself, to be called an " Apostate". JW's tend to use it to dismiss what you say without reading. They forget of course that they are all Apostates themselves ! using the word in the sense of "standing apart from" a former belief. The ever changing JW teachings mean that they have become Apostates to the former teaching.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

Well, while we are being honest, the only reason I am here is because it’s one of the minor requirements for becoming a member of the Kerfuffles, the elite group of JWs that rule the world. All Kerfuffle members are also members of this forum.

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

@LaraK

So, you signed up without knowing about this site. And you started to read many topics for a while and then you lash out here, without spending your time on Zoom meetings and Virtual Field sevice.

Apostasy is growing in you. Welcome.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

LaraK--

The greatest risk here is that you can NEVER forget what you have seen and heard about the Cult. (Yes, it is a Cult.)

Good luck,

We'll be waiting for your return!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit