Heb. 1:6 (even in the NWT !) shows Jesus not to be an angel, but Jehovah

by hooberus 51 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• hooberus
    hooberus

"Jehovah . . . bow down to him all YOU gods." Psalm 97:7 NWT

What is Michael the archangel probably doing in Psalm 97:7 NWT ? . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . bowing down to Jehovah? or being bowed down to?

"Be glad, O heavens, together with him, and let all the angels of God worship him. Be glad, you nations, with his people, and let all the sons of God strengthen themselves in him . . . " Deuteronomy 32:43 LXX

What is Michael the archangel probably doing in 32:43 LXX ? . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .worshipping Jehovah ? or being worshipped?

• hooberus
    hooberus

"Be glad, O heavens, together with him, and let all the angels of God worship him. Be glad, you nations, with his people, and let all the sons of God strengthen themselves in him . . . " Deuteronomy 32:43 LXX

The phrase "all the angels of God" in Deuteronomy 32:43 LXX means . . . . . . . . . 100% (thus Jehovah could not also be an angel) or 99+ % (thus Jehovah could also be a prominent angel)

• hooberus
    hooberus

The context of both Psalm 97:7 and Deuteronomy 32:43 LXX is that of Jehovah being bowed down to by all (as in 100%) of the angels. This shows the superiority of Jehovah to the angels in several ways. Thus Jehovah could not also be an angel.

Psalm 97:7 and or Deuteronomy 32:43 LXX are directly applied to Jesus Christ to show the superiority of the Son to the angels. Thus Jesus could not also be an angel.

• Love_Truth
    Love_Truth

The President of the United States is still a human. He's also an oilman. He's also a freemason. I still fail to see how anything you've posted thus far changes the basic fact that it is possible, even probable, that anything, including an Angel can be included in multiple sets or subsets, it's a plain ol' fact!

So Jesus was an Angel.

And Jesus is our mediator.

And Jesus is God's Son.

And Jesus is the Messiah,.

And Jesus sits higher than the other Angels.

Through Jesus everything came into existence (except YHWH and Jesus himself). Thus he holds a unique position above other Angels.

Yet Jesus is an Angel, a messenger, at the same time a unique Angel, yet he was created, through whom everthing else was created.

Jesus is YHWH's first born of all creation.

YHWH is God.

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Dustyb,

Where in Scripture are creatures (creation) allowed worship? Rev. 22:8-9 states: "Well, I John was the one hearing and seeing these things. And when I had heard and seen, I fell down to worship before the feet of the angel that had been showing me these things. But he tells me: "Be careful! Do not do that! All I am is a fellow slave of you and of your brothers who are prophets and of those who are observing the words of this scroll. Worship God."

• FirstInLine
    FirstInLine

Love_Truth,

its more like "Love_Watchtower_Reasoning. The 1st chapter of Hebrews was all about Jesus NOT being an angel. LOOK AT THE POINT PAUL IS MAKING.

Do you know what DICHOTOMY is? He makes one between Jesus and ALL angels. Check it out. Then you tell me what the point of Heb chapter 1 was. Its amazing that you cant see it.

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

P.S.: Rev. 5:11-14 also states: "And I saw, and I heard a voice of many angels around the throne and the living creatures and the older persons, and the number of them was myriads of myriads and thousands of thousand, saying with a loud voice: 'The Lamb that was slaughtered is worthy to receive the power and riches and wisdom and strength and honor and glory and blessing." And every creature that is in heaven and on earth and underneath the earth and on the sea, and all the things in them, I heard saying: 'To the one sitting on the throne and to the Lamb be the blessing and the honor and the glory and the might forever and ever.' And the four living creatures went saying: 'Amen!' and the older persons fell down and worshiped."

Both the Lamb and the one seated on the throne receive the same worship.

John 5:22-23: "...in order that all may honor the Son just as they honor the Father. He that does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent him."

Same honor is due both Father and Son.

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Heb. 1:13: "But with reference to which one of the angels has he ever said: "Sit at my right hand, until I place your enemies as a stool for your feet"?

The Son is not an angel.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    Heb. 1:13: "But with reference to which one of the angels has he ever said: "Sit at my right hand, until I place your enemies as a stool for your feet"?

Methinks the WTS would simply add ".....except to the Archangel Michael"

To the reasonable person Heb 1:13 might show that the Son is not an angel, but then since when have the WTS been reasonable, or even reasoning, people?

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Hoob:
    You must have been having an off day, as the angle you took the discussion from was a little weak.

Hebrews 1 is best taken in context, showing point after point after point (as the writer did).

Heb.1:13 pretty much sums it up for me, too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit