Why I like Jehovah's Witnesses

by undercover witness 52 Replies latest jw experiences

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

They know what the men told them about God's name... oooh just wish they'd reiterate that whole point about the Roman Catholic Monk who made up the name "Jehovah" mentioned in their publication "Aid to Bible Understanding".

Thanks for the reference.

Another paragraph chopped from Aid to Insight.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M
    I like JWs deep fried with lots of catsup. Yummy.
  • NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Ok, clearly I don't eat JWs or any other humans. My point - with the use of humor (probably not good humor)- is how ridiculous this statement is.  Were the Jews and "organization?"  Who was the organization when white euro-Americans were killing American Indians?  Just a few questions to add to the questions. Who whas the organization between the gap in time between 1914 to 1919?

I am sure the list goes on. 

• goingthruthemotions
    goingthruthemotions

NO.....they are brainwashed, cult controlled people with personality disorders.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

I hate to break it to you undercover witness, but blind admiration of JWs, and a superficial knowledge of their teachings does not earn you the honorary title of "undercover witness."

Your naivete is touching in a "talking out of your ass" kind of way.

• prologos
    prologos

Like JWs? nice people?

come to an assembly RC? at 8 am and find out. 

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

Try working at the traffic department of an RC where parking space is scarce. You'll see how nice Witnesses change when under a little stress. Under the polished surface, we're all humans, after all. No surprises.

Eden

• KateWild
    KateWild

I think for the most part JWs are nice people. Some are power driven and not so nice, driven by the WT.

You seem to have got a lot of information about their beliefs from WT publications, but it's clear you haven't done any independent research.

I think this is a satirical post. No one is that confident with such little knowledge to be so bold. Plus you haven't posted again.

I personally don't think you're for real.

Kate xx 

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome
    I keep reading that Jehovah's Witnesses are in effect monsters.  I keep reading that they kinda leave chaos and distrust in their wake.  So I simply wondered if anyone had anything nice to say about them?

I didn't leave the witnesses because I thought 'Jehovah's Witnesses are in effect monsters'. It could be viewed that I left so that I would not upset the peace of the congregation. At the time of my leaving I had a lot of unanswered questions and although I spoke to the elders in the congregation the questions remained.

My posting on this site is not to try and portray Jehovah's Witnesses as monsters. I still know some Witnesses and talk to them and sometimes they come to my door. A few years ago I have some conversations on a regular  basis with an elder. We had disagreement on various things but the discussion was interesting and I learnt some things that I hadn't realised before.

As my family and I were Witnesses for many years I think we were people who were trying to lead decent lives while we joined in the preaching work. I think that is true of most Witnesses that I met.

Having said that I still have disagreement with some of the teachings and so voice my opinions on the various topics whether on here or when Witnesses ask me questions. 

• bafh
    bafh
    You are definitely in the wrong place. If you really feel that way you are wasting your time trying to convince anyone else on here of that. You should probably join the JW forums if there are any left. 

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit