Why I like Jehovah's Witnesses

by undercover witness 52 Replies latest jw experiences

• undercover witness
    undercover witness

I keep reading that Jehovah's Witnesses are in effect monsters.  I keep reading that they kinda leave chaos and distrust in their wake.  So I simply wondered if anyone had anything nice to say about them?

Why I Like Jehovah's Witnesses

I am not an official Witness.  I am therefore Undercover.  They wouldn't let me join their organisation with a cigarette in my mouth.  It's unhygienic and sets a bad example to the kids.  Quite right too.  So if I bump into Witnesses on the street I don't smoke in front of them lest they go and get the hump.

However, there are many reasons why I like Jehovah's Witnesses wherever they may be. They know the essential validity of the Bible and from all of the versions of the Bibles, their's is the only one that makes any actual sense.  They know the reality of the Creator and even what His name means.  They know a con from most of the world's religions when they see it too.  They know the prophecies in the Bible and pretty much what they mean and what is on the horizon and beyond.  Not everything they say or do, nor everything they believe, stands up to examination from the heart, but the vast majority of what they say about the Bible is correct and can be demonstrated by them from every version of the Bible.  And they mean you well. Without hatred in their hearts nor money on their minds.

It takes drive and determination to go out in all weathers and keep knocking at everybody's door.  They do it for a reason.  They have got some stunning information.  They know what the so-called 'Good News' actually is.  So hats off to them, I say.  It is a shame most people think they are mad.  They aren't any madder than all of us, though, just very, very driven by and towards our Creator. They have been told to do it by scripture and won't give up until this world's way of doing things ends.

So hats off to Witnesses because they mean goodness not harm.  Above all I like Witnesses because they are my fellow human beings and that's reason enough to like anyone.

• Isle of Lewis
    Isle of Lewis

You like JWs because they share your delusions.

• flipper
    flipper
    " They have got some stunning information " . Yeah, you got that right. Just Google " Child Abuse WT Society " and you'll find out HOW stunning
  • StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel
    I am pretty sure individual members are for the most part nice people. I know may that are indeed. They are just unaware of what they got into. I am not sure what you are trying to accomplish but whomever wrote that did not bother to research the topic.
  • THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR
    Jws Nice people - utterly deluded. Praise to the Hebrew desert god.
  • cofty
    cofty

You know absolutely nothing about JWs but you thought you would sign up to an ex-JW forum and share your insights with people who have decades of inside knowledge. Thanks.

There are so many errors in your blog post it is beyond help.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

It takes drive and determination to go out in all weathers and keep knocking at everybody's door. 

I Like This..                            Just Don`t Make Eye Contact..

Nobody Bothers Us..           People Won`t Even Notice We`re Here..

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

After 50 years of loyal service with "God's organization" I stopped attending the meetings and not a single "close as brothers" friend called to inquire or assist. I didn't move or fall of the edge of the earth. I can see the Kingdom Hall from my house! Loving group of people aren't they? Feel free to join Undercover Witness. You will soon find out they are only nice because they are programmed to convert. Otherwise they are just like anybody else. Don't preach the virtues of a cult you know nothing about.

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

They ARE nice people.

They nicely spend hours trudging through snow, freezing rain and unbearably hot temperatures disseminating information that the men give them to pass out. 

They know what the men told them about God's name... oooh just wish they'd reiterate that whole point about the Roman Catholic Monk who made up the name "Jehovah" mentioned in their publication "Aid to Bible Understanding".  None of the nice people seem to be knowledgeable about that. 

And you are right!  The nice people do "know the prophecies in the Bible and pretty much what they mean and what is on the horizon and beyond."... until their leaders change the prophecies in the Bible and pretty much what they mean for what is on the horizon and beyond.  Right around then things get messy.  

They are polite too. They believe it'd be rude to correct the group of men who analyze the Bible for them.  

As for going door to door, they have been told to do it by scripture the leaders and won't stop up until this world's way of doing things ends the corporation sinks.

As for their hearts... well... go ahead and join; just don't ask any questions that challenge what the men say like others on the board have done.

They are really nice people.  

• galaxie
    galaxie

Those happy smiley plausible people who came to my parents door many years ago were the catalysts for much emotional heartache for me and my familý. Even those within my family who are still jws are inwardly unhappy and entrenched in bitterness because of promises and hopes not fulfilled, and yet their minds are trapped.

Please research before forming your conclusions.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit