I'm ready to say goodbye!

by Sunnygal41 41 Replies latest social relationships

• Puternut
    Puternut

Terri, you have a PM

• shotgun
    shotgun

((((((((terri)))))))

I think your trying to out do me on the having a shitty month scale!

That took a huge amount of courage to do.....build on the courage you have exhibited and you now know for a certainty that you have...it will help you this week with your meeting at work...it may be an idea not to go in-depth but mention that you have been under a huge amount of stress at home and it boiled over at work...something your in control of now so it won't happen again...

Just a thought!

Go get mousy......

• Sassy
    Sassy

hey Sunny.......sometimes we have to make difficult decisions.. I know this wasn't easy for you.. We are hear for you in any way we can be..

Sassy

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Sunnygal41 Your recent posts here remind me of an earlier poster, who has since moved on, and I hope to better places. She suffered from anxiety and self doubt, and it almost became a babysitting job, to encourage her, and help raise her self esteem. (((bb)))

You though are different. You seem to have the self-resolve to make the changes you feel are needed. The relationship you have described seems to be one way.

LadyLee brought forth some excellant points, and I think Maverick should be a psychiatrist.

You are at a cross-roads in your life, and we are here to support you in whatever way we can.

P.S. Your pic reminds me of Andie McDowell. Another women in the prime of her life !

• imallgrowedup
    imallgrowedup

OMG! I promised myself to check on you over the weekend, (as you said you would be on the board a lot), but my goodness, girl! I honestly don't know if I could handle all this much stress at one time! I have no doubt that if this were all happening me at the same time, I would require an IV of valium hanging from a stand with wheels! Jeez! When it rains, it pours!

I will say that I think you are verrrrrrrry smart to draw the line in the sand with this guy. Crack, no matter how addictive and no matter how much someone may want to quit (it sounds like this guy doesn't) is UNACCEPTABLE. The fact that he decided to have a meltdown while you are so stressed is a bit selfish, too, if you ask me (which you aren't, but that's okay! Advice is free today! )

The most encouraging thing I can think to say is that I'm glad you know you have friends here who support you. Just know that you are doing the right thing and there is a better plan for you out there. I'm a firm believer in that God never has a "Plan B" for us - he just has another "Plan A". I sincerely hope that your next "Plan A" beats the socks off this one! (Wouldn't it be cool if it were a "AA" or even a "AAAA"?! )

I know you have a lot going on, but if you want or need to, you know you can call me anytime, and I am happy to listen. (I'll pm you my cell number - I'll be out in the yard all day today).

Hugs to you,

growedup

• Tinkerbell4125
    Tinkerbell4125

Terri, stick to your guns! You've got to be your best friend. Would you want your best friend be in that situation? My father was a alcoholic, drug addict, same thing, and my ex was also. We mere humans tend to lean toward what is most familiar to us! I grew up with a distant, abusive, self destuctive father, that's what I felt comfortable with. Sad but true. Only until I realized that I was worthy of love and happiness, I ended up with true love and happiness. Like Lady Lee said, be good to yourself and expect nothing less than that from others. You can do it!

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

YOU GUYS ARE WONDERFUL!!!! Today I had a wonderful day. I tore my bedroom apart and vacuumed under the bed where there was about 6 months worth of dead hair and feathers from my old feather mattress and all kinds of ickys!! LOL! I feel, believe it or not, on top of the world! I've been meditating and bought myself a couple of new books this weekend. WE SHALL OVERCOME!!!

Terri

• Sassy
    Sassy

Awesome Terry! Hang in there... what do they say? inside every cloud is a silver lining?

• Huxley
    Huxley

Good for you!

OOOoooommmmmmm.............

Sending you good energy in the form of a 'loving kindness' meditation..

OOOoooommmmmmm.............

Huxley

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

Sunny, I really admire your strength. Relationships are so difficult to end--so much emotional life strung along, with a few sparce pearls along the way. We hang on sometimes, even when we know how weak things truly are.

You are so right as well, when you say that when one has had enough, then the wall goes up, and new boundaries are set, and nothing can penetrate. You were co-dependant for awhile, and you saw that, and now you are cleaning up house and taking care of yourself.

Be strong and do good things for yourself. Don't let anyone else bring you down.

/<

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit