I'm ready to say goodbye!

by Sunnygal41 41 Replies latest social relationships

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

Well, tonite, I finally said what I had to say to my live-in. I've shared just a tiny bit of the insanity I've been thru and put up with with this man...............for three years.

There is a saying when you've had enough, you'll stop. I have. Today, after pacing like a restless tiger in the house and not wanting to do any of the things I suggested, he called a cab and is on his way to buy crack and hang out with an old friend from his past.

When I met him, he was sober and drug free. We both had the same interests and the same desire to try to build a life together. Then, he started using again. Don't ask me what I thought I could do against the slavering monster of drug addiction. My dad was an alcoholic, not a "drug" addict. I guess I just lacked the insight and experience to tell me that this was a hopeless situation. Yes, my friends all tried to talk to me and tell me it wouldn't work, but, I thought I could get him to stop. I'm now over that fairy tale belief. Three long years of this and 1 1/2 years of him living here. It's been hell, but, I'm ready to come out and start over. Tonite was proof to me that he didn't want to change his self destructive path. Here I am facing this situation at work, and instead of being supportive and helpful, he's screaming at me that he wants to go party. I told him straight out tonite that I have no interest in "partying" the way he wants to. For him, partying is going and sitting at a bar drinking for two hours, then going over to a friends house and continuing to drink til he gets totally stupid. There is no fun in sitting there all night watching your mate get drunker and drunker...........I tried joining in to see if it would be fun...........it wasn't..........I just woke up with a horrible headache and a sick stomach and my mouth so dry I couldn't even swallow. Too many wasted hours trying to work with that scenario. I'm just not that kind of person. I want to lose the weight I've put on and get back to hiking and doing things in nature again. I want to travel. I want to meet new people and try some new things and see new places. I realize that he and I are now on two totally different paths in life and they are not compatible. So, I asked him to please not come home tonite. I asked for his keys and he gave them to me. He had the nerve to ask me to drive him over to his friend's house and I told him I would not be an instrument to bring him into contact with drugs. I've so settled for so long and now I just want to get him out of my apartment and get my life back on track. I'm sharing all of this with you, because you are the only family I have. Some of you know I've been struggling with this for some time, and I wanted you to know that I've finally done the healthy thing for me! Look out, cuz, there's no looking back from this point on!!

Terri

• kat2u
    kat2u

Good for you.It takes alot of internal strength to do what youve done.Be proud of yourself and use it as a springboard to bigger and better things.

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Life is a journey.

Regards,

Jim TX

• arrowstar
    arrowstar

Terri -

I am so very proud of you. You will come out of all this a stronger person. You are a beautiful, wonderful woman and nothing....NOTHING....can stop you now!!

The FTD® Stunning Beauty? Bouquet

Here's to you

Lisa

• ball.
    ball.

You look like you are the one on the right path, so many stories are so sad, sad but true. Yes life can be so sad, but you have the inner stregnth to do what is right for you. Theres been so much sadness in my life, but I look forward constantly, always keep a positive attitude, always have a dream, however simple it is. Keep that dream and hang onto it. If you have nothing to fight for, you might as well wait to die.

If I told you my dream, you might think I'm silly, but that's not what is important, the most important thing is having one.

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

Thanks to all of you! Thanks Jim! It is indeed! Thanks Lisa for the BEAUTIFUL bouquet!!!

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Congrats

but the next two weeks will be rough. Keep yourself busy. Rescivoer some of your old interests. Keep talking to those who will support you in this decision.

You CAN do it.

Don't be surprised if he comes back and wanting another chance. Addictions are all alike. If you had an addictive father it isn't surprising at all that you found an addictive mate. Work on yourself to change the patterns. Believe me it can be done. Stick a note by the phone to remind you why you asked him to leave. READ it if he calls.

And be really good to yourself. You deserve it. (((Terry)))

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

Ball, I hear you. If you ever want to share your dream with me, that will be great.........I'm a good listener.

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

Thanks, Lee. I know the cycle. I've been thru it so many times before, but, this time, I have the ultimate knowledge that he isn't going to change. It's enough for me. I don't want to deal with it anymore. Self preservation has kicked in!!! I'm on my way to getting healthy, emotionally again!

• talesin
    talesin

Terri,

It sounds like he knows ... otherwise, he would not give up so easily. He must have some excellent qualities if you chose him. It's so often that we (including myself in this) can hang on to people because we see the potential of who they can be ... we see glimpses of that by being so close, and it's easy to believe that they will overcome when we love them so much ...

I'm happy that you have decided to take care of yourself instead of joining him in his quest for self-destruction. Not an easy choice to make, woman! Good for you!

Wise words from LL, stand firm and realize that you are doing the best thing for both of you.

{{{hugs}}}

tal

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit