DRUGS!

by new light 28 Replies latest jw experiences

• cypher50
    cypher50

I've been toking on the bong for only about six months...in that span of time, I decided to visit apostate sites, take a look at Crisis Of Conscience, disassociate myself, and now I actually enjoy my weekends at clubs & such.

THANK YOU MARIJUANA!

• Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.
    Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.

Remember - Reality is for those poor souls who can't handle drugs. Just kiddin' ya.

cheeses - a former dope smoker, popper of acid, and eater of hallucagenic mushies. And survived.

• gumby
    gumby

When you look up the word "gumby" in the dictionary.....you'll see a picture of an addicted guy.

My dad smoked 4 packs a day in a two bedroom house with 5 kids untill we each married and moved out. I started smoking when I was in 6th grade along with my two older sisters who smoked.

Then I innocently had some wisdom teeth pulled and discovered how nice opiates feel. Had battles with that.

Now ...I like the herb, and have a smoking habit I despise(despise only the ciggaretts)

I have had an addictive personality my whole life and hated myself because I wasn't "straight" like all the other dubs who seemed happy just being normal. I later found out when I exited the dubs and met people like all of you, that we ALL had some kind of demon ....even in our dublife that made us feel we were never quite good enough.Some had various addictions, some lied, cheated, backstabbed, gossiped, took tons of legal drugs but legal drugs were ok.....ya know like xanex, valiums, vicodins, numerous anti-depressants. otherand anything else that would make a dub happy enough to tolerate a dublife. Dubs even "illegally" TRADED legal drugs with each other.....like (eg. sister so and so calls sister so and so for a pain pill cuz she's all out). Thats as illegal as smoking a joint if you wanna go by ceasers law.

Once I exited the dubs........I was happy just to puff on the stuff Bob Marley puffs on

Gumweed

• new light
    new light

You're right, Gumby. So many JW's are on drugs and have no idea of the root of their depression. I've seen the illegal trading, too. Pioneers and elders trading pills at the meetings. SO spiritual.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Seems to me your story is a good reason NOT to use drugs. I know a certain young man who is now in the Army who used to have a pretty bad drug problem, weed, shrums, coke in it's various forms, he was particularly fond of crack...and drinking a lot. He gave all that up about 10 years ago this past novemeber and his life is MUCH MUCH better. I've seen him drink an occasional beer now and again...but he's sworn off drinking as a lifestyle and drugs all together...I'm kinda proud of my friend...I think a lot of the drug use stemed from molestation he suffered as a kid...and all this drug use...well, getting away from it brought him closer to his religion and his God, so I guess that yes, drugs brought him to religion.

Me personally, I don't really care if a person smokes some weed in their basement...but if it were in my power I'd jail ever single person that sold any other type of drug, or that sold weed to anyone under 18...that's just me.

• new light
    new light

I agree with you Yeru, as far as drug-free life being better. For me, spirituality comes partly from a clean lifestyle. I drink now and then, smoke if I'm particularly stressed and someone offers, but I know that this stuff dulls my spirit and I can't stand to feel that way for long. Drugs can open the gateway for some individuals who are especially lost (myself included), but once that door is open, you have to leave the drugs behind to move upward.

• ball.
    ball.

I have done a few different types of drugs since leaving the borg, I was brought up as a witness boy. Pot never really turned me on, speed nearly killed me, ended up in hospital, coke is just too good really, glad it was hard to get hold as I have an addictive nature and that could have ruined me. E I found quite pleasant and interesting. Out of all these drugs I choose to become addicted to alcohol, and decided to give it up January this year, maybe I will write a post sometime about how alcohol can creep up on you. Anyway, I prefer life clear headed and sober these days and have in my mind certainty about what I do or do not want to do, unlike when I was a witness having just a notion that these things were all "bad" but not really knowing why. The best education you can get is to find out for yourself.

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

The way I tend to view "set-backs" in life, is that for some reason, we were meant to take those paths. You are obviously at a better place in your life now. Pull the good from your experience, and leave the rest.

Life is great and meant to be lived. Give your soul a happy journey.

/<

• ball.
    ball.

Thanks for that. You know, it's got me thinking really about the rights and wrongs you are taught as a witness. Not just about drugs and alcohol, but everything you are told to do or not to do as a witness. For example, you are told not to take blood; there is one chapter for these reason that it is supposedly a biblical teaching followed by ten chapters on the health reasons, most of which turn out to be dated or dubious. Another example might be the witness viewpoint on pre-marital sex and the reasons they give for not permitting it. I'm sure that giving people a watered down mixture of reasons for taking a certain course of action in the hopes it will change their moral stance is not as successful as simple plain facts. Don't put your hand in the fire because IT HURTS.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

I wasn't raised a JW.

Between the ages of 17 and 20 I was a daily marijuana smoker, and I hung out with people who were more than a little bit abusive towards me. We had our core group of about 5 or 6 guys, it seems like that was the norm as there were many similar groups to ours, and each one seemed to have their own whipping boy, the guy that everybody in the group "ragged on" as we called it. And boy was I it in my group.

These were the worst years of my life, and I'm sure that this period left me wide open for JWism.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit