DRUGS!

by new light 28 Replies latest jw experiences

• new light
    new light

I have a confession. When I returned to the JW's a few years ago, I was on drugs. I had been tripping/smoking/drinking/whatever for

years, but one especially heavy acid trip sent me searching for God, and I thought I found him with the dubs. To illustrate where my

head was at the time, I was looking at some apostate website which was exposing Russell's freaky side. Pyramids, anti-aluminum

propaganda, prophetic visions---- this stuff actually clicked in a good way. In my psychedelic haze, I thought I had found the truth all

over again. This led to several years of inspiried Watchtower enslavement. As a relatively sober person now, I really feel like a fool for all

that, but, hey, at least I have an excuse, right? It would make a great anti-drug commercial. Show a buttoned-down JW knocking on

a stranger's door on a Saturday morning, bookbag in hand, with "Drugs Don't Work" on the bottom of the screen. Perfect!

I know someone else who left the JWs as a teenager. In his 20's, he was pulled over with a bunch of coke in the trunk. He prayed

to Jehovah that he would become a witness if he could just get out of this one little spot. He drove away a free man, free to become a

slave.

I ask all of you: Has anyone else joined the JW's due to drugs? Come on, I know you're out there!

• Puternut
    Puternut

Told ya drugs could kill ya

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

After leaving Bethel I pioneered a few months before fading out I started smoking pot and once I started fading I did it all. So in my case leaving the JW's caused me to use drugs.

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

I too found Marijuana to be a big relief. After I left the JWs I started using it pretty regularly, but it's been about 2 years since I've done any. Though something tells me there is a strong possabilty I my try it again tonight.

• new light
    new light

Watch it there, Chevys!! I smoked after almost two years off and it kicked my ass! Make sure you don't have to drive and have fun.

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

Thanks for looking out New Light. Thankfully, I will be in a limo all night, so I'm pretty safe. Just for the record....... Marijuana is the only "drug" I will ever do. Cocaine is making a HUGE come back, especially among the Hollywood party scene. No thank you. I've never tried it, and have no plans to either. I've seen first hand what drugs can do to a person's life

• Satanus
    Satanus

In my late teens, i drifted away from the wt into partying, booze, lsd and mj. I was like that proverbial coil spring, suddenly released, bouncing all over the place, yet scared of dying at armageddon. I ended up getting into trouble, so i decided to go back. I came totally clean w the elders at that time, and became a zealous dub for 23 yrs. I'm doing better this time. Mj isn't recreational for me, it's a shamanic tool, sort of.

I can understand your lsd reaction to russel's stuff. It could have been a totally bogus reaction, or it could have been to some egyptian symbolism, which is powerful, imo. Old egyptian art/archatecture is some of the most beautiful.

SS

• new light
    new light

All great posts, but I still ask: Did anyone join the JW's because of a drug experience?

• Carmel
    Carmel

My parents must have been on something! Gawd, what else could explain it?

carmel

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

This is your brain.

This is your brain on Dubs.

Any questions?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit