Very sad, terrorist attack here in Madrid - Spain 173 deaths

by heianderen 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Simon
    Simon

Hmmnn ... seems the governments are very keen to blame it on ETA but really, how do they know so early on until there has been an investigation?

• There was no warning. ETA normally gives warnings.
    • It was not the usual ETA target.
    • ETA themselves denied responsibility for it.
    • Synchronised attacks like this are a hallmark of Al Qiada.
    • Maximised loss of life is a hallmark of Al Quida.
    • Spain was about the only country that backed the US / UK governments actions in Iraq.

One thing I find strange ... when there was a bomb in Bali and Turkey, the foreign office warns UK nationals against travelling there. Here we have a much bigger attack and yet, no warning as yet. Neither was there one about travelling to the USA after *the largest* terrorist attack.

Countries hit with terrorism need support and tourism dollars, not to be ostracised as this gives terrorists what they want.

• bebu
    bebu

We are all deeply saddened to hear this! Our hearts go out to those in Spain.

bebu

• Satans little helper
    Satans little helper

Spain is still a wonderful place full of beautiful peole and great food. The first time I worked over there I was bought beer all night by a few guys I met in a bar and got free smoke for the week. Despite the government being adamant it is ETA I would think there is some logistical link to Al Quaida. I was on the subway when they bombed Sol station a few years ago and there were warnings before that blast, this just isn't ETA's MO. Selfishly, and thankfully my friends there are OK and I will be going back for sure.

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

MADRID, Spain ?? Al Qaeda has reportedly claimed responsibility for a series of bombings in Madrid Thursday that left at least 190 people dead and 1,240 wounded, just three days before Spain's general elections.

The Arabic newspaper Al-Quds al-Arabi said Thursday it had received a claim of responsibility for the Madrid train bombings issued in the name of

Al Qaeda ( search ) , the terror organization responsible for the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks on the United States.

The five-page e-mail claim, signed by the shadowy

Brigade of Abu Hafs al-Masri ( search ) , was received at the paper's London offices. It said the brigade's "death squad" had penetrated "one of the pillars of the crusade alliance, Spain."

"This is part of settling old accounts with Spain, the crusader, and America's ally in its war against Islam," the claim said

Actually, there were over 60 Nations that supported US actions in Iraq.....

Did you notice the reference to the "Crusader?"

The Muslims invaded and conquered Spain and tried to conquer France, but were turned back with the help of the other Christian Kingdoms in Europe at the Battle of Tours in 732. The war then went on for many years.They retreated to Spain and established a kingdom, called the Emirate of Cordoba. Over time, the Christians counter-attacked, attempting to recapture Spain from the Muslims, or Moors, as they were called.

The effort to free the Christian lands from the Muslims was called the "Reconquista"

This aggression is nothing new, and must be stoped before it is too late......

• Dansk
    Dansk

Heianderen,

So sorry for all the loss of life and the injured. Heartbreaking!

Ian

• shotgun
    shotgun

Terrible made me feel awful...I've been to Madrid and Barcelona...loved them both..love Spain...terrible news.

• imallgrowedup
    imallgrowedup

I am so sorry for the losses. I feel the pain and understand the fear Spaniards must be feeling right now. 9/11 changed my life, and I expect it will change the lives of many in Spain as well. My heart goes out to your nation.

growedup

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Heianderen,

My condolences and sympathies to you and your countrymen.

The attackers, whoever they might be, have shown themselves once again to be enemies of civilization.

Whether they are Basque seperatists or Wahabi fundamentalists, they have today earned the bullets that will execute them.

• heianderen
    heianderen

Thank you all for your replys, I live in Madrid and now, everybody on the streets is sad. Today I'm going to a manifestation to give support to the victims.

Thank you all again,

_Heianderen_

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Estoy muy triste para las personas de EspaƱa.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit