Since leaving how have you changed?

by Joysome 53 Replies latest jw experiences

• lilsx1
    lilsx1

I have changed in that I have God now and I have my eyes and heart opened to love and life and people. I don't see people as "worldly" and I don't judge anymore. I am so happy I am out of that religion!!!!!!

• bull01lay
    bull01lay

I think I've found quite a few differences since my departure from the borg - not all for the best.

I now have the freedom of choice, freedom of thought, freedom to screw up without repercussions... I enjoy 'debased' humour, occasional excesses of 'falling over juice' IMHO, I have a 'liberated existence' now.

Unfortunately, there is also a deeply instilled nagging fear of Armageddon. occasional feelings of worthlessness, a desire to visit all the ex 'pebbles' and beat the living s**t out of them (my sisters hanging in there by a thread, and is receiving all the judgemental looks and sneering glances of the self effaced hypocrites, and it makes my blood boil - I should be happy cos I'm sure it will eventually make her decide to leave, but I can't stand the thought of them judging my sis like they did me!)

My philosophy now is 'if it hurts, get pissed. If it still hurts, drink more!!!!

btw, I am on the lookout for suitable liver donors........ just in case!

• happehanna
    happehanna

So much so, that I now actually like myself.

• Sassy
    Sassy

definately agree for myself about being less judgemental..

and I enjoy life more because I don't have to deal with the guilt that comes from not feeling good enough as a JW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit