Since leaving how have you changed?

by Joysome 53 Replies latest jw experiences

• mouthy
    mouthy

ME???? Joy???? I wouldnt attack you ((((HUG))

• Joysome
    Joysome
    ME???? Joy???? I wouldnt attack you ((((HUG))

((((((((HUG))))))))))))) back! No not you...and I don't mean everyone....I'm a defensive person automatically so maybe it wasn't always an "attack" per se...but sometimes I wish I would have just kep my mouth shut when I see a persons response to one of my posts.

• mouthy
    mouthy

No darling!!!!that why this place is good. You SHOULD express what you think..That is how we grow.... some one else may feel like you so when you express it. they think" Oh Good thats how I feel". Your opinions are very important....Dont stop posting because of differant opinions to yours ...We are free to THINK INDIVIDUALLY...A gift of GOD

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

Joy, I have felt like that alot of times. I am glad you didnt have many bad experiences with the org. Just because you leave doesnt mean you have to be bitter about it. Its good you are keeping a cool head. I was like that for a long time. But as i started remembering things thats when the anger kicked in for me. Things that seemed innocent but looking back they really werent.

Example. I once got counseled for gossiping after letting a sister pour her heart out to me. It was because i shared some stuff with my ex who was an elder. I confided in him because i was hurting for her and he said he wouldnt tell anyone. He then blabbed it without my permission and I was the one who got the counsel. AND IT WAS BY HIM!!!!!!! AND HE DID IT IN HIS UNDERWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Joysome
    Joysome

Thanks Stephanie!

Sometimes as I progress I get angry at some things too...so angry...sometimes it helps me heal...sometimes it makes me feel guilty.

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

Joy, dont say the G word it gets mouthy upset. lol Kidding mouthy dont shoot me please!!!

I know about the guilt. I started a topic about that. Because at times i feel guilty for not praying anymore.

• maxwell
    maxwell

The one thing I can think of is shunning. I used to be a shunner. I shunned my cousin who was also my best friend. I never told him this but basically I was angry with him that he would "turn his back on Jehovah." I simply had no sympathy for people who were DF or DA and actually had negative feelings for people close to me like my cousin who were DF. Now I am the shunned and I am ashamed that I was so rude in the past that I turned my back and walked away when he came up while I was talking to our mutual grandmother. My grandmother is still a JW but she still talks to him and still talks to me as well now. I guess you could say I'm much less judgemental now also.

On things like homosexuality, voting and premarital sex, I had more moderate views at least for people who had never been JW (see above paragraph). Sure I thought they were wrong, but even before I left I never had a strong feeling about the badness of people who chose to participate in those various acts and I really could not see how they were hurting anyone or any solid logical reasoning for the biblical or JW condemnation of people who chose to participate in these and other acts considered wrong by JW. I simply trusted the JW reasoning. It is a relief to let go those twisted rules.

• Joysome
    Joysome

I feel guilty because I CAN'T pray anymore. There are always so many thoughts that race through my head in a single day that it's ridiculas.

Also, I look away when I pass a KH in the car....I take a totally different route to my brothers house because if I go the normal way I pass "my" hall.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Stefanie.... No it dont upset me. Cos I feel guilty about the ones ( 10) I made JWS... I know Romans 8:1 tells me I am forgiven-I cant forgive myself ....I only shoot folk that make me do "escapes" games ( like Simon) But I wont ever shoot people that express their hearts,,,, it takes a knife to sharpen a knoife it takes a heart to sharpen a heart....My heart & yours are sharping (((HUG))

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

lol Joy we are sharing the same brain... I look away when I pass the KH also!!!

Thanks mouthy!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit