Since leaving how have you changed?

by Joysome 53 Replies latest jw experiences

• Joysome
    Joysome
    Now that I think I'm in the same temptation I have no respect for people who fall into the trap.

Huh? Do you mean, now that you are in the same temptation as far as being able to do those things w/o fear of being disfellowshipped?

• Carmel
    Carmel

Most of my beliefs are 180 degrees from the fundamentalism and high control that the JUUs represent. I'm much more tolerant and happy for others that have different beliefs. Don't feel competitive but still feel that I have a strong drive to discover reality and to discuss religious issues. Why, because I truely feel liberated from so much that most religions inculcate and I would love for others to have that same feeling. I know though that many have their cup full so why should I rock their boats of certitude? Not very dubby of me, I know. My salvation is linked to all humanity so I don't have a mission to "save souls" on an individual level. Takes away all the struggles of who's right and who's wrong.

carm

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

Special K, I am "where" you are, too. And loving it!

Mouthy, you made a lot of good points here tonight! I'm with you!

Thanks everyone for your comments on this subject tonight - I really enjoyed them.

• gumby
    gumby
    What do you find yourself doing differently?

I know this kinda sounds gross and stuff....but I used ta wipe with my right hand cuz I read my watchtower with my left.......but now I'm not a dub anymore.......I can wipe with the other one too and I like it a lot better than the other way.

Gumby

• dustyb
    dustyb

when i first left, it took me awhile, but i finally grew the balls to talk to people and actually do stuff. now i'm really liberal and i couldn't give two shits about anything unless somebody needs my assistance or anything i can provide. i did a lot of things when it sank in a few years later.....

• Hunyadi
    Hunyadi

I am much less angry. Rarely depressed. I am far less judgemental and much more tolorant of others. I smile more. I love more. Sex is guilt-free and totally hot now. Learning something about life and the world from books other than the WT publications is pure joy and freedom, and I rarely wear a tie anymore . . . jeans, shorts, t-shirts and flip-flops . . . gosh, I am so much more happier now.

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

What do you find yourself doing differently?

The biggest change in me is that I’ve learned to R E L A X and not be so serious about everything.

Voting within four years of my exit.

Reading more literature—without guilt. Realizing my connection to the spiritual, without religion or dogma.

Being less critical of other people and their choices, and relinquishing my need to control them.

Loving myself and others—showing compassion.

Do you ever feel a little shocked when your opinions on certain things have changed? Things that you were once so adamantly against?

Not so much “shocked”, as being free to do things that my own conscience felt comfortable with all along.

I understand so many things in a much clearer way, which has opened my life up to the reality of living now.

When I was young and a borg, I was a very goodJW, and I did everything according to the established rules; now I

make a judgment call according to my own conscience, and act accordingly.

I look at the blood issue, organ transplant, homosexuals, worldly people, JW’s, religions, dogma, cults in a whole

different mindset.

/<

• fader
    fader

I have more sex now.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Lucky you Fader stop bragging LOL

• Dawn
    Dawn

I am more relaxed - and content with my life. Not sure if that's because I'm an x-JW or just that I'm older now . But I know some things that have definately changed because I'm no longer a JW:

- I'm more open minded to alternate theories and possibilities. I know that I do not have all the answers and that I have been deceived before so it's important to keep an open mind and view all facts on a subject

- I'm less judgmental. I recognize that we are all imperfect and on the same level - and it is not my job to judge someone else, Jesus made it very clear that it was HIS job to do that, my job is to just love people.

- I'm more daring - I like to try new things, new sports, new foods, new hobbies, etc. Perhaps I'm not more daring so much as now I actually have the TIME to do these things.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit