God does exist...

by czarofmischief 348 Replies latest jw friends

• new light
    new light

Love_Truth: What's up with labeling atheists as "arrogant or stupid." Sounds to me as if you are about as enlightened as a 12-year-

old JW. Seriously, language like that will never make any intelligent person rethink anything. In fact, it speaks against your cause and

only reinforces our commitment to look elsewhere for answers. I'm not an atheist (yet), I only seek truth with an open mind. However, I

(and probably others) will question the factuality of anything spewing from your prejudiced, arrogant mind.

Thanks for reading

• Phantom Stranger
    Phantom Stranger

I was simply stating that I did not think of theists as arrogant or stupid. I still disagree with them... and please don't be offended by that, because there's no reason for you to be.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Newlight:Agreed.

Phantom:
    Try rereading what I wrote as if you can see that I've got a smile on my face.
    I've taken no offense, and enjoy your posts.
    I just wanted to qualify what you wrote, because it wasn't your usual style.

• Love_Truth
    Love_Truth

Reading comprehension dissertation # 342:

Some are just too arrogant or stupid to figure it out.

Hmmm. What does the word "some" mean? (Hint: a fraction)

So, if the shoe fits, wear it.

Love_Truth- Understands what he reads and writes.

P.S.- Learn to comprehend what you read before you critique. It is fallacious to put words in someone's mouth and attack them for it.

Ciao!

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Now you are just playing with words.
    Hit and run offense is neither funny, nor clever.

Incidentally, I'm probably not the only one that's noticed the way you "do to death" the statement about reading comprehension. I believe you started using it after you were accused of it, yourself.

You bring into question the mental capacity of your fellow human beings, based on their beliefs or lack thereof.
    Let's just take it from a theological point of view, for a minute.
    Is the mind capable of expressing faith in God without the enlightenment of the Holy Spirit, in your worldview?

If your answer is no, then what grounds do you have for offending non-believers? Is it that "Man's responsibility" makes it their own fault, hence you feel free to offend them?

I'm a Christian (albeit a little ecclectic, hence unorthodox), and unreservedly so, but I have little time for folks who start offending folks for their beliefs and lack thereof. The folks I have the absolute least time for are the "fundy-in-your-face-you're-all-going-to-hell-believers" and the "I'm-an-atheist-and-you're-an-idiot-for-believing" types. Two extreme sides of a similar coin, IMHO.

• Valis
    Valis

LT...you are awesome person seeing you are a Christie an all! *LOL*

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Love_Truth
    Love_Truth

LT,

I stand by what I said. I have posted on numerous political boards before posting here, and I have never run into so many folks who play the "Red Herring" and "Straw Man" game.

Perhaps its a symptom of leaving the borg?

Again, since when does the word "some" mean "many" or even "all"???

I believe you started using it after you were accused of it, yourself.

Never. Prove me wrong. I don't play that game, I comprehend what I read very well, thank you. And if something can be read two ways, I either give the benefit of the doubt, or I ask for clarification.

Love_Truth- Not hypersensitive. And not afraid to write what he means.

• new light
    new light

OK, most people would understand "some" to mean anyone that does not believe in God. If that is not the case, how would you

classify an atheist who is not part of "some?" There is a difference, right? Please, do enrich us with your bounteous wisdom.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Valis:
    Whatever get's my sorry ass through the day, I say

Love_Truth:
    Some would say that you aren't afraid to say what you think, regardless of the consequences regarding peoples opinion of what you have to say.

Would that be a minority, majority, or all, do ya thunk???

• Phantom Stranger
    Phantom Stranger

Obviously Loves_TheSoundOfHisOwnVoice believes in the pissed-off god of the OT and not the hippie-love god of the NT.

You're not the only person in the world who can read, you arrogant ass. I see why you had to take all those years of Gold Gloves... it must have been a survival mech, the way you make friends.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit