The Effeminate JW man

by Maverick 46 Replies latest social relationships

• scotsman
    scotsman

Is it just me or is this a weird thread? It seems that effeminate, gay, and camp are being taken as interchangable. They're not.

And is it bad for a JW male to be effeminate or camp?

• Maverick
    Maverick

If a Scotsman thinks this is a weird thread then I'm perfectly content! Maverick

• minimus
    minimus

Stoppppppppppp pittttttttttttt, silllllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

It's interesting that you began this thread. I have often looked at images of the way Jesus is portrayed. He looks like a wimp. I don't believe he was a wimp, but it seems like any man who shows love and compassion and is gentle in nature, is often portrayed as such.

I like a mentally strong man, one that speaks up and is honest. A healthy man will have a healthy body and that is appealing. He doesn't have to be a muscle machine or have a tan. I like a man who exercises restraint when necessary, but who can take up for himself and those he loves, with words first but with a firmer approach as the situation presents itself. I prefer not to be around an obnoxious individual, who is quicker to use his fist than his reason.

I believe many JW men that I knew from my old congregation were taking their wive's antidepressants so they could fit the part of the acceptable JW male.

/<

• 2escaped lifers
    2escaped lifers

Gaawwwd!! The smell of testosterone on this thread is overwhelming!! I'll check back later to see if any of you have started a fistfight.

Stephanie Bartlett

• flower
    flower

I know it doesnt apply to all but the majority of JW's and ex-JW's are respectful of other, sensitive of others feelings, unselfish, polite, forgiving ect. Most JW's have learned the so called 'fruitages of the spirit' and those qualities have become a part of who they are. This in my opinion is one of the few positives that one can take from being a JW.

Some people may think those qualities in a man him effiminate. I disagree, I think it makes the world a better place when people are sensitive, peaceful, and unselfish.

As far as the effiminate man that is totally different imo. There was one kid that I grew up with in the hall who was definately an effiminate male. He walked, talked, and acted like a flaming fag. Wore purple suits, gold ties, and had long fingernails which were always manicured and painted with clear polish. I always thought he looked sharp, he had great tastes in clothes and was always put together well. All the kids whispered about him and he never really fit in but no one ever said he was gay and he never said anything related to the subject. The adults in the congregation just ignored the fact that he was different and it was kinda taboo to talk about how he acted.

I would love to know if he is still the same of has come 'out'.

• wednesday
    wednesday

i have a neighbor who is effeminate. he is what people would have called "a fussy old maid" years ago. He is not gay, just an effeminate man with no particular interest in either sex.He has a an extended family, and appears normal.

People used to be more tolerant of this behavior, but now u are classifed as "gay" or a "dyke" if u do not fit the pattern of your gender. Women used to frequenlty never marry, and no one really thought that much about it. Now it is a lifestyle choice.

As far as the JWS in my area, well I have always thought the group as a whole seemed to represent the range of nomal in men. I have noticed more bros who leer at the sisters than the effeminate types. Around here the big testosterone outlet is sports. U name it and they play it.. For many years there was a football team around here and my hubby was on it. Those guys played rough. Probably growing up there were bros with homosexual feelings, but back then the jws were so afraid they would have never let anyone know about it. Among the jws now it seems to be tolerated to be struggling with your sexuality. As long as u do not act on it.

This area has a high number of SUITS as we call them. Lots of exec types. Lots of sales people. Maybe they dress more effeminate than say the construction worker.

Most of the jws i grew up with were pretty normal guys, and would have thought Phil Donahue (or alan Alda) was effiminate.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit