The Effeminate JW man

by Maverick 46 Replies latest social relationships

• new light
    new light

Valis: It's funny you should mention the guy who married the Mexican girl. I know someone who married a girl from Mexico he can still barely talk to after two years. He almost never expresses his own opinion, and would jump off a cliff if you told him to. This is how I knew him as a non-JW. He is now studying, about to be baptized.

• Maverick
    Maverick

Ol' Judge Rumpot was a woman hating pig! Probably couldn't get an erection unless he was screeming at some poor defenseless young person!

A person who is secure will open up and show kindness and gentleness. I have a dear friend who can recite poetry, we will try to out do each other, me doing Hamlet and him with A.B. Patterson. He can be sweet and gentle and also be a holy terror if the time is right. Dynamics is the name of the game. I always thought Jesus had a dynamic personality. Nothing wrong with being silent and tough, and also being tender and caring when these are called for. One way does not invalidate the other! I cry at funerals and will sit and just be there when nothing can be said. I will laugh and joke and see the light of things. I felt like the brothers were suppressed emotionally, and other cultures where emotions were more demonstrative were looked at with pity and a limited tolerance. Maverick...let me give you a hug!

• Valis
    Valis
    Valis you think a guy is pathetic for marrying a woman who he can't understand?

Talk to most married men and you'll find within a year of marriage they can't understand their wife either!

*LOL* no ya sorry bastard and yes aint that the truth! *LOL* I meant that was about the only chance in hell he ever had of gettin some...*LOL* Sincerely, District Overbeer

• 2escaped lifers
    2escaped lifers

Yes, I also had this impression over the years. Not necessarily effiminate (physically), but weak in the sense that many were, as one person has already said, "sheep". I knew alot of brothers, even in positions of oversight, who were afraid to make decisions or disagree with anyone, or to stand up for their own opinions. Of course, that is probably due to the WTS being a controlling cult.

On the other hand, I also knew quite a few "control freak" rednecks who made a point of trying to be a "man", or macho and in charge. IMO this was also really a sign of weakness, or their insecurity. They also felt it was "weak" to show compassion, kindness, tenderness, etc. IMO those things are a sign of strength of character. It is the strong who have the emotional strength to consider the feelings of others and to console those in need, without worrying about how others view them or whether their compassion calls into question their "manhood".

Anyway, I'll stop there before I go too far on my "soapbox"...

Brandon Bartlett

• Phantom Stranger
    Phantom Stranger

Isn't this spectrum that you describe simply indicative of the general population?

• FirstInLine
    FirstInLine

Its not a masculine culture. There are no role models for young men in the group and they are never tested or taught how to handle themselves.

Masculinity is acheived in stages and incriments.

1)Fighting men that can kick the shit out of you. And then fighting men the can kick more shit out of you next time. At the very least fighting back when someone steps to you.

2)Hitting on girls that are out of your league but seriously hitting on them and not just as a gag.

3)Flirting with girls in general

4)Doing the things that you are afraid to do but know are important to do. Or basically overcoming your fears in general.

5)Speaking in front of an audience.

6)Starting conversations with strangers.

as you can see JWs are Restricted from the first two, the second two are ignored or mildly discouraged because the WTS uses fear as a tool, and they are only taught the last two. These last two are not even exclusive to men.

So if you are raised in JW you dont have much chance of becoming a masculine man unless you get out.

• Valis
    Valis

*LOL* megadude...when you edit me you only make me stronger.....bwaahahahahha...as if I ever had a prob pinching a brother's nipply region...ya whatever...*LOL*

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Mac
    Mac

Don't make me shove one of my red pumps up yer A**, Maverick!

mac

• nilfun
    nilfun
    These last two are not even exclusive to men.

Just the last two?

1)Fighting men that can kick the shit out of you. And then fighting men the can kick more shit out of you next time. At the very least fighting back when someone steps to you.

Done that. Does that mean I am on the road to masculinity?

2)Hitting on girls that are out of your league but seriously hitting on them and not just as a gag.

3)Flirting with girls in general

Don't swing that way, so no further comment on those two "increments" of masculinity....

4)Doing the things that you are afraid to do but know are important to do. Or basically overcoming your fears in general.

Are you sure number four is only a guy thang? I'm just askin'....

• scotsman
    scotsman

Oooh. Some severely limited views on what constitutes maculinity here.

Most of the male JWs I knew were beer swilling oafish grunts.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit