VEGAS BABY!

by Zoewrex 13 Replies latest social entertainment

• Zoewrex
    Zoewrex

So, I'm going to Vegas for 3 days (March 14-17) and don't gamble. Anyone know a nice church I can sit in for a few days? Anyway I was told to get off the strip and explore the desert, and go to a dive called the Doubledown Saloon. I'm going with three other women and know two of them are hitting the Chippendales Show Monday night - not for me. Looking for MUST DO IN VEGAS recommendations. Thanks for your help.............

• caligirl
    caligirl

Shark Reef at Mandalay Bay is neat.

Wear your walking shoes! :)

Go see a show if you can. Mystere was great, and I've heard that Mama Mia is awesome too.

Have a great time! There is so much to do there besides gamble.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Anyway I was told to get off the strip and explore the desert, and

I would give the opposite advice -- a walk down the Strip is a must - but since the Hoover Dam is only 30 minutes drive away I would also go there -- and if you are adventurous - a helicopter ride over the Grand Canyon/Lake Meade is bookable from Las Vegas and flyable from Las Vegas McCarran International airport

• Sassy
    Sassy

I wish down the road we could have a 'fest' in Vegas... that would b a blast! I love staying on the strip..

and remember.. what happens in Vegas.. stays in Vegas..

sure hope you find some fun things to do Zoewrex..

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

The Free pirate show outside at the Treasure Island.. it is a blast. Two ships battle it out, one sinks in the harbor...lots of pyrotechnics.....

Check out The Caesar?s Palace Mall...great statues, some come alive with lasers......

Across the street from CP is Jimmy Buffett?s Margaritaville....You walk into huge blender full of you know what......

That Sunday Morning, the 14 th , you will find me at the Circus Circus Poker Room on a 4/8 Texas Hold?um table.....

• Bryan
    Bryan

My wife and I do Vegas for new years; four or five times now.

We never leave the tables - I have no idea where to go!

Bryan

• Zoewrex
    Zoewrex

OMG - I'm a HUGE ParrotHead and will be drinking myself just silly. Sassy - what happens in Vegas....well, I love my life with my family WAY TOO much to change that - but thanks for the advice. Momma Mia is a great show, I just spent the past 3 years in NYC and have had enough 'culture'. I think we'll find a bus group going to the Dam or Red Rock Area. HEY any ELVIS sightings?? A MUST have before leaving. VEGAS BABY - where did that come from?

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Vegas can be hell on earth if you aren't easily impressed by shiney things and clinkity clangy noises.

Is Red Rock the area out in the desert with the Indian petroglyphs? If so, it's worth the drive; very interesting and picturesque. A whorehouse might be fun if the family will allow it, and is certainly money spent more wisely than gambling.

• Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2

I did play a lot of slots when I went 2 years ago. but we did a lot of other things as well. Just walking around and taking everything in was a lot of fun. We were there for about 3 or 4 days and only saw probably 10% of what there is.

The food is awesome...and if you are doing a lot of walking, you can take advantage of the buffets and all the free drinks muahahah! I was quite a heathen with the food and drink, but we did so much walking around I actually lost 2 pounds hahah.

They have amusent rides...shows, go for a ride in the gundola at the Venitian....wathing the volcano across from the venetian is always neat, as well as the water fountains in front of the belagio.

we alwasy want to a race out there...so are days were full.

• Mulan
    Mulan

Why not gamble? It isn't a sin you know. And, it's really fun.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit