cyber-sista

in my former congregations:

carpet cleaning

floor waxing

janitorial

window washing

a few constuction workers

a few multilevel marketers

no artists, musicians, writers--anything creative is ususally frowned upon unless it is just a hobby (which you can only spend a bit of time on some sunday afternoons after the meeting and service and bible study)

• dustyb
    dustyb

most people here that were born dub are cleaners. a few of them are construction people because they are pretty muscular. then we have a few people that have real jobs. I think i know why a lot of the jaydubs are cleaners (at least the ones that was a jw since the early 70's. all of them were told that education is worthless because they wouldn't have to grow up in this system of things and that instead of getting an education, they needed to preach. so look where no education got them, scrubbin toilets........

• flower
    flower

My father made a decent living in carpentry...now retired.

My sister was a travel agent for years till she had a kid and quit...now is taking nursing courses (hope the blood issue doesnt come up ;). Her hubby is an ex-bethelite who has no skills for anything and has jumped from temping in offices, to driving a limo and currently is in construction.

My brother works for a moving company, other sister is in the insurance business, another in healthcare. Some witnesses in our area worked at the typical jw jobs...landscaping, carpenters, house cleaning, bus driving.

A few had a variety of other jobs too including teachers, nurses, florists, mechanics, accountants, bakers.

• freedom96
    freedom96

A lot of witness in the car industry. Not so much in sales, or managment of a dealership, but as a vendor. They go around and fix blemishes on the cars such as burn holes, ripped seats, cracked dashes, etc.

A perfect industry, and decent paying for those who apply themselves, with little education needed.

• Satans little helper
    Satans little helper

In the UK they are all window cleaners, or general cleaners, or on the dole feigning illness. There were a few that had a reasoanable job but they were few and far between and were viewed with suspicion for having a 'haughty lifestyle' which basically means that people envied them.

• flower
    flower
    most people here that were born dub are cleaners. few of them are construction people because they are pretty muscular. then we have a few people that have real jobs. I think i know why a lot of the jaydubs are cleaners (at least the ones that was a jw since the early 70's. all of them were told that education is worthless because they wouldn't have to grow up in this system of things and that instead of getting an education, they needed to preach. so look where no education got them, scrubbin toilets........

these are some of the more assanine comments i've heard on the board. but judging from your picture i'm going to assume it really IS you and that you are mentally challenged.

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

Nearly all of the younger publishers worked for one elder who had a carpet cleaning business, another elder had a cleaning business, a few worked in stores, I knew of a janitor and one that fixed car vinyl. At age 18 I already had an office job making more than them, now I blow them away :)

• Satans little helper
    Satans little helper
    these are some of the more assanine comments i've heard on the board. but judging from your picture i'm going to assume it really IS you and that you are mentally challenged.

I think by 'here' he meant where he lives not here on the board, and if so he has a point. Most dubs are in shite jobs because they are discouraged from further education and accept the sacrifice in favour of pioneering

• Hunyadi
    Hunyadi

Two of the elders in my congregation worked as US MAIL carriers. Two other brothers were carpet steam cleaners . . . but JANITORIAL takes the cake for most popular in my home town of San Diego, Ca.

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

This thread got my curiousity going. Just yesterday, I was looking in the phone directory for listings for carpenters, as we needed to find one. Right there, was this listing that said "Kingdom Carpenters". I immediately suspected that this was a group of JW brothers making a living. Who else would give themselves that name?

/<

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit