Most Popular JW Jobs???

by Funchback 40 Replies latest jw experiences

• Funchback
    Funchback

What are some of the more popular jobs JWs seem to flock to in your opinion?

Personally, the latest trend in my area is School Bus Driver as well as School Bus Monitor.

I can think of SIX JWs who drive school buses and TWO who are monitors.

These JWs will reason that these jobs are perfect because they have lots of time for Field Service in between the "pick-ups" and "drop-offs"

However, only 2 of the 8 mentioned above are Pioneers.

• simplesally
    simplesally

Handymen

Contractors

Night watchmen

Carpet cleaning

Janitors

• JH
    JH

Well, when I attended years ago, many were in the cleaning business. It seemed to be the ideal job, that permitted them to go to all of their meetings and be regular in the field service.

• CountryGuy
    CountryGuy

There were so many JWs who were contractors in our area. You would have thought the KHs would have been a lot nicer than they were!

CountryGuy

• ikhandi
    ikhandi

Most in my former cong. were comprised of cleaning people. Many had low wage jobs while in pursuit of the pioneer life. I vowed to never end up in that predicament. I was the minority.

• 2escaped lifers
    2escaped lifers

carpet installers

janitorial service

"buy here - pay here" car lot owners

construction trades

• mrs rocky2
    mrs rocky2

Municipal bus driver, carpet cleaner, janitorial service owner/operator, electrician, backhoe operator, housekeeper, retired military (collecting full retirement pension from military, full priveleges to shop on-base at px),hardware store clerk.

• MorpheuzX
    MorpheuzX

Quite a few of the witnesses in my old congregation operated small businesses -- office cleaning, rug cleaning. Most the of the men worked as unskilled laborers in factories. Of the woman that did work, generally single sisters, temp agencies seemed to be the only places willing to hire them.

I did know one particularly bright fellow who was a licensed psychologist. But, he didn't practice.

I'd say on average my old congregation had roughly 120 regular publishers and I think maybe between 2 to 5 of those people actually had a college degree to their name -- compare that to the general public.

To this day I'm still astounded that I was bamboozled by a bunch of menial-job having nincompoops. Of course in my defense, I was only a child at the time.

• FirstInLine
    FirstInLine

In my congs its been carpet cleaners, roofers, and house cleaners.

To this day I'm still astounded that I was bamboozled by a bunch of menial-job having nincompoops. Of course in my defense, I was only a child at the time.

I feel your pain. Im harsh on myself for waiting until 16 to throw in the towel.

I remember in 1991 when I was 11. Brother Rug Cleaner was giving an address on the Middle East with Desert Storm going forward. He made some comment about how we know so much more than everyone else. My mom had a brain storm related to what Proffesor Rug Doctor was yapping about and was eager to whisper it into my ear, "We know more than the President!"

I remember thinking, 'well yeah' of course we do that is the point. But then I was struck by the thought of 'how could that be?'

But this is an insight into JW thinking. They do think they know more than every nonJW. Its no wonder I think they feel such license in making completely boneheaded comments.

• lillost
    lillost

Most of them over here are window cleaners

My window cleaner is an elder, who by the way was working when he should have been at the District Convention. And he had the nerve to ask if I was going!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit