Scully

little witch:

something driving the jw agenda is behind this

yes, imo that "something" is this: $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $

one example from this forum

• Scully
    Scully

another example:

Here in Chile we have a brother who is bethelist, and some years ago, he was visiting an old sister. She was very ill, and all the family (non JW) knew she would die soon. The brother was asking her for the testament (last will) and trying to get her house as a gift for the chilean branch. Her family noted she was being pressed to sign a paper and, in that moment they take the brother away from the home, and of course, they quick his ass.

We were thinking that those homes for old brothers and sisters are only an "arrangement" for getting their possesions. What do you think?

• little witch
    little witch

Something like that happened years ago here in my old congregation Scully.

This old man who had recently lossed his wife, (long time mainstream christians)

The widower was offered a bible study, and very soon after we all began having Tuesday night studies at his house.

He seemed very confused with having us all in his house. Shortly thereafter, the bible study conductor's son moved into his house, and the old man was placed in a nursing home.

True story....and this all happened within six months or so....

Stinky fish, stinky fish...

Mr Harp do you read this?

• caligirl
    caligirl

"a planned weekly event to increase the number of studys pioneers hold and "provide a valuable service to the community"

So in other words - conduct a group study that takes one hour, multiply that hour by each person in attendance AND count each individual as a study right? (what a way to bump up the hours/placements/bible study count to perpetuate the sham of actual growth!)

And since they have a reputation of neglecting community responsibility, they can say that they are "active" in the community by having these lovely bible discussions.

No mention of course to volunteering your time to help the understaffed homes in a way that would be truly helpful- just "count your time/place those wasted trees!

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Wholeheartedly agree with you, Scully.

DY

• Voyager
    Voyager

Skully:

There are a lot of (SLY) benefits in this for the Watchtower---yet a lot of (DANGERS) in this for the elderly. First:

The Elderly have to be (signed out) of the Nursing Home. This gives the Watchtower a (record) on paper, that they are providing a (Community Service as required by Charities).

Some elderly have to be given (shots) or (medications) at designated times. If they are (at a home Bible Study), then there is a risk that medications (will not) be given at the proper times that are supposed to be given.

Medications would (not) be given to the elderly at the right time, and if it is given, then it would be given to them by those (not qualified) to do so.

The Elderly would be exposed to (weather conditions) and other conditions, they have not been used to for quite some time.

What if one were to die, while at a Home Bible Study. Is the Watchtower or the JWs going to take responsibility?

Is there going to be a qualified person at (every book study) trained in CPR?

Who would take the responsibility of emptying urinal bags, and other personal requirements that many of the elderly need?

Isn't this also another way for the Watchtower to make (false claims) on Bible Study (increases), so that this can be publically reported in writing in their next publications?

What if the elderly are asked to (sign papers) while they are at a Home Bible Study?

Every bit of this reeks with $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ for the Watchtower, and (Dangers) for the Elderly. Great post Skully, Keep up the good work.--SVU

• little witch
    little witch

Once relagated to a nursing home (speaking from the usa ) a patient is deplete of funds, broke, and on the government for their stay.

There is no benifit finacially here.

(leaving me to believe in a numbers game)

Now as for Canadian law....I would like to hear some enlightenment.

Scully is a nurse in Canada for those who don't know....

Is there some benifit to the society? ( I know there is some financial benifit, there always is)

If not, then they stand to gain in another area. Bragging rights for social work undoubtedly.

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

(Got my forty speaking into small tape recorder)---"Note to self, Go down road to retirement community and start "preaching work" and then begin looting and raping!

Thanks for the ideas folks!

lol

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother
    This is to be a planned weekly event to increase the number of studys pioneers hold

Why should just the pioneers be granted an easy afternoon in the warm , talking to those who are too deaf or old to understand and send them away? This is false accounting , granting studies to people such as this to boost the figures and keep the pioneers sweet

Scully's concerns are very true and she has done a great job as usual . Whatever checks have to be made on staff working at these homes, should surely be made on the dubs too.

• Scully
    Scully

little witch

As you know, there are differences in the way the US and Canadian health care services are delivered. I'm sure there are differences as well in the way things are done in the UK.

In Ontario, nursing homes are business ventures and receive some funding in the form of subsidies from the provincial government. However, families are expected to pay a certain amount per week or per month, depending on the facility and the services it offers.

I think it was iiz2cool who mentioned that his mother was recently in a Convalescent Home (here in Ontario) and the cost to keep her there was about $500/week. This is a prohibitive amount for someone who is barely getting by on their pensions, so families often have to cover the difference.

Has anyone heard about a financial option for retirees called a "reverse mortgage"? If I understand it correctly, the homeowners receive an amount from the institution providing the reverse mortgage every month to subsidize their pension(s), and are able to stay in their homes until they pass away. Then the property gets turned over to the mortgage company. I seem to remember the WTS entering into arrangements like this quite some time ago with some older folks.

Love, Scully

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit