JWs target retirement homes

by Scully 34 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Scully
    Scully

In a recent post (http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/67537/1051937/post.ashx#1051937) new directives to congregations by the WTS included:

It also suggests that the owners of all local old folks homes be contacted to provide a "Free weekly bible discussion" to all elderly who want to attend in the home. This is to be a planned weekly event to increase the number of studys pioneers hold and "provide a valuable service to the community" The society expect to see Bible studies go up by 25% this year.

Well, it is nice for us to get this heads up from the Brothers?, isn't it?

In response to this directive, which seems to be an obvious attempt at targeting lonely elderly folks in retirement homes, the following flyer was created and will be distributed to all retirement communities, nursing homes, etc in the Seattle area:

I've been informed by the author of this flyer that there are no objections to anyone distributing this flyer in their own communities, or adapting the flyer to include convicted sex offenders in their own communities who could be engaging in the door-to-door work of JWs.

Love, Scully

edited to re-size images (if you want to print them, restore them to 8.5x11" size)

• Voyager
    Voyager

Scully:

Thank you for the information Scully. This will in deed give a good warning to the community, and the old folks homes will be more alert as to who is coming inside their facilities. My father is in a nursing home, and he rarely gets a visit from (any) of the witnesses, but now because of this directive, he may get a couple of elders to visit. So I will be calling the nursing home to give them the warning about JW pedophiles.----Thanks---SVU

• shotgun
    shotgun

WOW.....that should raise a few eyebrows

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Makes perfect sense!!!

Can you imagine how much dough will flow in if they convince the old folk at the end of their road to donate money, etc., for the good of the only Organization God uses on earth?!

Quite the scheme!!!

DY

• little witch
    little witch

Good strategy Scully!

Also of interest would be the man who sexually assaulted the woman in her hospital bed and was recently aquitted!

Perhaps we should campaign for background checks on all visiting "ministers" of all faiths?

In Indiana Nursing Homes, every employee has to have a valid criminal background check,

shouldn't visiting ministers be subject also since they have access to the patients?

As a former CNA, I know that many patients are wheeled into a secluded room for an hour or so during these sorts of visits. It is a relief to the staff, so they tend to be ok with it, although being in a nursing home, most the patients are incoherent to begin with, and therefore very vulnerable!

• Emma
    Emma

The first thing that came to my mind is how the organization "encourages" everyone to leave their estate to the borg. Think of all the families that would loose if an elder convinced a resident to to this.

Emma

• Scully
    Scully

Emma writes:

The first thing that came to my mind is how the organization "encourages" everyone to leave their estate to the borg. Think of all the families that would loose if an elder convinced a resident to to this.

I was thinking the same thing Emma. Along with the Jehovah-Jireh care facilities that are being set up in the UK for elderly JWs, it seems like they are targeting the vulnerable and often too trusting elderly more and more.

This makes me sick. I'm having mental pictures of vultures hovering around sick and dying JWs.

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

Bravo, Scully!

• Emma
    Emma
    they are targeting the vulnerable and often too trusting elderly more and more

Yes, the elderly in this situation would be ripe for being picked off. They may be lonely and grateful for a visit (Bible study, brainwashing). I'm just disgusted.

• little witch
    little witch

I am coming from a different perspective I guess.

I feel that most of the "old folks" in nursing homes are very far gone mind wise.

If someone could take care of themselves or be easily cared for by family, they wouldnt be in NH's.

Most patients are suffering illness such as Alztimers (sp) or Parkinsons.

So I think the push to invade Nh's lies with numbers, or with a qualified " social agenda".

What do you think? (something driving the jw agenda is behind this) And it smells fishy to me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit