Incense Burning - Geez, These Guys Have a Rule For Everything!

by worldlygirl 41 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• doodle-v
    doodle-v

LMAO!!! @ Lyineyes

sooo sooo true...

And they ridicule the Pharasees...

Its so sad, and what is even sadder is that there are people out there who listen and even quote that drivel.

That has got to be THE DUMBEST article i've read in a long time.

gag

Doodle-V

• razorMind
    razorMind

...getting up from the computer right now to burn me a stick of Indian House Blessing.....

..... BECAUSE I CAN

MWUAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

• caligirl
    caligirl

Oh they are getting more and more ridiculously stupid with their reaching for pagan connections!!( If that's possible- at what point is stupidity saturation reached?) Must be too many of them using insense- the governing body must have received "new light!" I'd be willing to bet that NO dubs who like incense would EVER think of it in association with any spritualistic practices until reading this article!

• Mysterious
    Mysterious
    Oh they are getting more and more ridiculously stupid with their reaching for pagan connections!!

At least incense actually has Pagan connections in the modern age most of their other conclusions are based on thousands of years ago.

• Flash
    Flash

There is a clear pattern/formula the GB uses in their articles and talks with any subject that does not meet with their approval:

First, they acknowledge the true freedom that we have.

Perhaps a person wishes to burn incense as a fragrance in his home simply to enjoy its pleasant aroma. (Proverbs 27:9)

Then they start to take away or limit that freedom by introducing DOUBT into the matter by raising a question of suspicion.

Even so, in deciding whether to burn incense, a Christian should consider certain factors. Would others in the area where you live associate the use of incense with a false religious practice? In your community, is incense often associated with spiritistic rituals? Or is it commonly used for nonreligious purposes?

THEN! They use FEAR and GUILT to steer the group to the conclusion the GB wants them to make!

If an individual chooses to burn incense, his decision should take into consideration both his own conscience and the feelings of others. (1 Corinthians 10:29)

Socially, they never help people grow beyond their currant level of maturity, respect or tolerance!!! Rather, they insist on manipulating the congregation to live the smallest life possible using their "What if" reasoning! UNLOVING and SHAMEFUL!!!!!!!!!

• Badger
    Badger

As per usual...the GB won't say anything, but are hoping that the "tsk tsk" tone of the article will move the rank and file to see things there way. It's also a useful tool to find out who is "acting with a hardened heart" (re: thinking on their own).

Wind chimes, video games, sports, rock music, PG-13 movies, pets....add this to the list of implied wrongs.

• Emma
    Emma
    This will be next...........car air fresheners

And don't forget to grab the can of air freshener from the sisters bathroom before it demonizes someone!

• Hapgood
    Hapgood

Unbelievable!!! If this wasn't so pathetic it would be funny. I don't really like Incense, but I think I might just go buy some. I'm due for my yearly "Shepherding" call from the Elders (hope they forget about me this year), maybe I'll have some Incense burning then, have to have the house smell nice you know, I have cats and they can be smelly little things :-)

Hapgood

• franklin J
    franklin J

actually, the incense prohibition has been around for a while with the Watchtower.

I remember back in the 1960s, my sister ( 7 years my senior) was always burning it to be "cool" or as we said back then "groovy". Black lites and "psychodelic" were the "in" ways to do things. And burning incense was very much a part of the "scene".

My parents were aware of the WTS warnings but could not see the harm in her burning a few sticks. After all, it was their home . They did however, draw the line when she put up a poster of Jim Morrison on her wall.

Mom and Dad were a bit more open minded than most.

• wheres caleb?
    wheres caleb?

Good points Badger. I like living on the edge! I'm going to hug my CareBear, light some incense, and listen to some rock. I'm so bad.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit