Incense Burning - Geez, These Guys Have a Rule For Everything!

by worldlygirl 41 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• worldlygirl
    worldlygirl

There seems to be a problem with incense burning now! This is from the Watchtower website: http://www.watchtower.org/library/w/2003/6/1/article_01.htm

a) They are running out of crap to publish

b) This is just a lame attempt to control every freaking aspect of the lives of their "victims"

c) This is just a lame attempt to slam the Catholic church

d) All of the above.

(BTW, it's funny they didn't mention that some people burn incense when they smoke weed. )

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

I'm incensed they would publish such a thing.

• JeffT
    JeffT

What's next? Is burning aromatherpy candles bad? How about bubble bath?

I guess all those romantic weekends with the wife are unchristian.

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow

naturally I assume scented candles are out too?

• Valis
    Valis
    ) Even so, in deciding whether to burn incense, a Christian should consider certain factors. Would others in the area where you live associate the use of incense with a false religious practice? In your community, is incense often associated with spiritistic rituals? Or is it commonly used for nonreligious purposes?

NO

NO

YES.

Yes another stupid article...it says well we used to burn incence to Jehovah, but we can't do that anymore, so the only reason people use incense is for spiritual stuff....stupid heads..Well ladies I guess you better thorw away all your potpori...shessh..

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    Does the fact that incense is used in religious ceremonies and in spiritism mean that all incense-burning is wrong? Not necessarily. Perhaps a person wishes to burn incense as a fragrance in his home simply to enjoy its pleasant aroma. (Proverbs 27:9) Even so, in deciding whether to burn incense, a Christian should consider certain factors. Would others in the area where you live associate the use of incense with a false religious practice? In your community, is incense often associated with spiritistic rituals? Or is it commonly used for nonreligious purposes?

Give me a break. Is eating crackers related with a false religious practice? Time to throw out those Vegetable Thins!

If an individual chooses to burn incense, his decision should take into consideration both his own conscience and the feelings of others. (1 Corinthians 10:29)

Ah f**k off. They use that scripture for everything from beards to yo-yos. No wonder everyone at the KH is so critical of what another one does.

Personally, I hate incense, but some other people like it. Maybe we shouldn't burn firewood anymore since Jesus died on a tree.

Instead of using literal incense, Christians today offer prayers that reflect deep appreciation and respect for our heavenly Father.

In other words, don't do it. Don't fart while you pray either.

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

YIKES ....

• Love_Truth
    Love_Truth

They are clearly insane. Someone call the mental hospital, and send out the men with white coats to straight jacket the GB.

Ain't nobody tellin' me I can't burn patchouli............

• Xandria
    Xandria

X goes and hides all her incense and burning apparatus. Geez, now I have to be a closet incense burner. * Grumble*

X.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

"Maybe we shouldn't burn firewood anymore since Jesus died on a tree."

SHHHHHHH!!!! You gotta be CAREFUL!

Somebody could SEE this, and BAM!---it'll be yet another "WTS rule"!

hugs,

Annie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit