Car Reviews - What are you driving, how do you rate it?

by badwillie 39 Replies latest jw friends

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

I own a 1993 Olds Achieva....................and talk about power.............it has a 3.3 litre engine, large 6...........I love it............it's also luxurious.............what we loved about the car (when I was still married and a dub) was that not only was it a 4 door, it had a rear cup holder for two cups of coffee in the back.............great for field service! LOL! It had all the bells and whistles................however, my baby is getting old, she has 160,000 miles, and things have slowly broken down on her................done most of the major replacement stuff like tranny, new radiator and the heater core bit the dust 2 years ago............so, I am seriously looking for a good reliable car................I have always loved the Camry's they have alot of oomph for the size. How expensive are they to maintain?

Terri

• simplesally
    simplesally

If you don't want to take the hit on a new car, try assuming someone's payment.......make sure you assume a purchase, not a lease. This company doesn't run credit so even with bad credit you can get a car!

http://takeoverpayment.net/

-------------------

I drive a 2003 Chevy Tahoe ---- seats 7 with the 3rd row seats. I love it. Tons of power, great sound system, leather and sunroof

alt

• worldlygirl
    worldlygirl

I drive a 2003 Ford Mustang GT - - It's great!!! (Can you say mid-life crisis?????)

• kls
    kls

I drive a 2003 Dodge pickup 1500 ,i don't drive cars only trucks.If you live anywhere that has snow a 4x4 is a must .I like Dodge if you are looking for a truck and they have good rebates.

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

I drive a Falcon Ford xp coupe, a interceptor! 1971, rides great!

Seriously I own a 1998 Nissan Maxima which I bought brand new and has 70,000 miles now, great ride no problems.

I also own a 2003 Jeep Liberty with 22,000, good winter ride, just bumpy and feels like a two truck pulling a car, but its a strong ride!

• amac
    amac

I just got rid of a 1992 Lexus ES300. It had 170,000 miles. The enginer still ran perfect, except that it had a decent oil leak and a decent power steering leak and a minor tranny leak. On top of that, Reverse was starting to go.

It was a nice car and very comfortable to drive. The biggest problem is the cost of repairs. We had to fix two window motors and a few electrical problems here and there. Fixing an ES300 is WAAAAY more expensive than fixing a Camry which is basically the same care minus some amenities. They wanted $2000 to fix the power steering leak! Everytime I had to buy parts through my mechanic he would mention how much more expensive they were than the camry parts he buys.

I love my new car, but since I'm incognito don't want to mention what it is, since I just bought it and it is an usual type of car. Good luck! The only advice is, don't rush into any deal. There is no such thing as a once in a lifetime car deal, there's always a deal just as good around the corner.

• RubyTuesday
    RubyTuesday
    I also own a 2003 Jeep Liberty with 22,000, good winter ride, just bumpy and feels like a two truck pulling a car, but its a strong ride

!

You must have a lift kit on it...is it a 4 banger?

Mine rides smooth as butter...feels like a sports car.

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

how about a ford probe? i have a 1997 2.5 V6 model, which is nice and quick enough, although nothing compared to the lotus esprit i had. its done 75,000 miles, full service history, has leather seats, full electric pack, metalic alpine green, 16" alloys. i picked it up for around $4,300.

if you can stretch to $15,000 an esprit would be prefect!!

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Right now I have a 1999 Ford Contour SE - 2.5l V6 24v DOHC

It's and incredibly fun car to drive! It's technically a lightweight compact, but has a huge-ass (over powered) engine in it and a sport tuned suspension. It has great acceleration and looooves the corners!

Sometimes people with pick on me for have such a "conservative" looking car... so I'll touch the gas a bit for them and throw them back in their seat (even at highway speeds). That always shuts them up real fast!

• imallgrowedup
    imallgrowedup
    I drive a 2003 Ford Mustang GT - - It's great!!! (Can you say mid-life crisis?????)

I'm with you on that one, Worldlygirl! I just sold my 1998 Chrysler Sebring convertible! You will know when you are coming out of your crisis when you want to trade in the two-door sports car for a four-door with lots of room for "stuff"! *wistful sigh*

*hoping it will be a long time before you get there!*

growedup

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit