Car Reviews - What are you driving, how do you rate it?

by badwillie 39 Replies latest jw friends

• badwillie
    badwillie

I am in the market for a new (used, new to me) car . Please help me out.

I currently drive a 1993 Volvo 960 with 150,000 miles on it. Not given me any major problems, I'm just itching for something different really. Any suggestions, I want something sport/luxury probably in the 1997-99 range (already taken the major $$ depreciation). I want to spend about $10-12k. So far I keep coming back to the Lexus ES300. Anyone have one of these, or any other ideas??

• Phantom Stranger
    Phantom Stranger

ES300 is a high-end Toyota Camry (nicer interior, etc...) which means it's a very well-engineered and high-quality car. It's a very different car to sit in than the Volvo - I have found that all Asian cars are more like each other than they are like Volvos, which are unique interior-wise. Haven't owned one, but in a car-related industry, so I get to see them inside and out and drive them a bit.

I am in a similar situation with my 99' Honda CR-V with 120K on it. Looked at a 2002 Audi A4 Avant (wagon). Like how they're put together.

• Special K
    Special K

I guess my mini-van wouldn't be such a good suggestion..

obviously, you don't have lots of hockey gear to transport.. or flocks of kids...

lol

special k

• franklin J
    franklin J

I drive a '94 Volvo DL wagon. The car is very practical. It can seat 7; I can take all three of my kids, plus the family dog ( black lab) to the soccer games comfortably. I can haul things from Home Depot on the roof or in the back. It has 190,000 miles on it and it is in very good condition. Aside from simple maintenance I have had no problems with it. Prior to my owning it I always had a convertible car and do miss it. When my kids go off to college, I dream of an Alpha Romeo spider pinna farina ( my dream car) which will only seat two---my wife and I. (I plan on driving that car through the Amalfi Coast in Italy)

My wife drive a Gran Voyager Mini Van which is even more practical with kids.

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

I drive a Pinzgauer and it puts the Hummer in its place.......

• imallgrowedup
    imallgrowedup

I drive a 2003 Kia Sorrento, a mid-size SUV. Besides the fact that they are nice looking vehicles, I liked the price (very, very reasonable) which included the 100k mile warranty. We bought the 2x4, which brought the cost down even further (since we don't really need a 4x4). It isn't a luxury car, but we love it anyway!

Good luck with your search!

growedup

• Joysome
    Joysome

Right now I'm driving a 1993 Geo prizm. That's right...but it runs like a champ. I don't need a new car but I want one. I'm looking at the Mazda6's. I want a 2004. They are sharp. I want a sportier car...but I'm still in the four door mind frame. I'm also thinking about the Ford Escape.

• mouthy
    mouthy

I drive a Mazda. Excellent car...

• Love_Truth
    Love_Truth

I drive a 2003 Infiniti G35, great handling, acceleration, safety, fuel economy, luxury, and comfort for a little over $30K.

I've owned it for almost a year, and I absolutely love it.

I've owned Lexus, Toyota, BMW, Saab, and all the American nameplate vehicles in the past, and learned what I like and don't like from experience.

If I were in the market for a used car, I'd absolutely go with a Lexus, Acura, Toyota, or Honda.

Great reliabilty, safety, and economy with any of 'em.

• Navigator
    Navigator

I drive a 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo and like it very much. No major expense so far, but it only has 50,000 miles on it. My wife drives a 2002 Honda Accord EX with the 6 cylinder VTEC engine . That is one very fine car. Phantom Stranger is rigtht about the Lexus ES300. It basicly is a Toyota Camry which you could likely get a whole lot cheaper. I have driven Camrys before and found them to be excellent cars.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit