Car Reviews - What are you driving, how do you rate it?

by badwillie 39 Replies latest jw friends

• Englishman
    Englishman

I drive a Rolls Canardly.

It Rolls down the hills but Canardly get up 'em.

Englishman.

• mouthy
    mouthy

English is that a new one on the market????? LOL

• Englishman
    Englishman

Just my overactive imagination!

Got a Nissan Primera at present, we were going to buy a new Mini but have deferred so that we can tart up the house.

Englishman.

• Winston Smith :>D
    Winston Smith :>D

I have driven a few different cars when i was looking at a luxury/sports car.

Tried a couple of Volvos [nice wagons, but not sporty enough, even with the turbo 5 for me] a couple of Benz's [older ones, seemd a bit 'stuffy' to me], a couple of Acura's [liked these quite a bit actually] and a Lexus [seemed like a really nice Toyota to me. Not bad, but didn't blow my socks off] and then I found a rare find and I was in love at first shift.

The car is a quite a bit older than what you are looking for, but it will have another 200k miles to go, cause these cars are over-built.

BMW 1989 535i - manual transmission.

The seller was a guy who was moving to NY in two days and had to sell fast.

I normally couldn't afford a car like this right now, but this was a steal.

Perfect shape, never saw awinter, and had only a little over a 100k. It was just getting broken in.

IMHO, until you drive a BMW, you will never appreaciate why they are called the 'Ultimate Driving Machine'

It is so unbelievably sweet to drive, it puts a huge smile on my face EVERY DAY when I drive it!

It sounds like a jet engine [they started out building plane engines, hence the logo] as I punch it on the on-ramp.

The engine is positively delightful.

Always have more than enough power to pass someone if i want to.

Easily gets up to 100+ if you're not watching it.

Raced a Benz and Saab on two seperate occasions on the freeway and was always ahead of them until they stopped pushing it @ 120+

But it's not all speed, it's also luxury.

I use it to drive to client meetings and it looks respectable. Smooth drive. Not bad gas milage for how I drive, 20+ MPG

The 5 series are the way to go. 3 series seem too small, the 7 series to large for me.

As a side note:

I had one client of mine who was looking to get a Lexus.

While at the car dealership, the dealer asked him before he signed the papers on the Lexus to at least give one of the early 00's BMW 540i a try.

When my client came back from the test drive with the 540i, the Lexus was long forgotten.

You owe it to yourself to try one if want a blend of luxury with sporty drive.

IMHO, the BMW's are a perfect blend of this, especially with a manual tranny.

Happy test driving,

Paul

• WhyNow2000
    WhyNow2000

1984 325E BMW...My baby for life. I am going to go to San Francisco and see if I can get married to my car.

• freedom96
    freedom96

I currently drive an Infiniti, but you can't go wrong with your choice of late 90's Lexus ES300.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

How about luxury that is small and zippy... the Mini Cooper!

I've been itching to get one of these!

• Winston Smith :>D
    Winston Smith :>D
    I've been itching to get one of these

Else, if the mini Cooper doesn't take care of your itch,

...you may want to see a doctor about that problem

• RubyTuesday
    RubyTuesday

2003 Jeep Liberty....just love it.Handles great and has guts!! I get so many compliments on it from strangers.

Do your homework and you could save a bundle.

They wanted 27,000 for it and said no way would they budge..I got on the internet and found one for 23,000.I printed it out and took it back to the dealer and guess what...

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

Living in the western US there are lots of old towns, lakes, scenery,and other things to see. Like Reno or Las Vegas to travel to.

Since both I and my wife are in our 60s I decided to look for a real comfortable road car. We have two pickups and a camp trailer but some times a nice drive is all we want.

I came across this low mileage 1994 Chrysler NewYorker. A large car, with all the amenities, low miles and a beautiful black cherry paint. It has a 3.5 ltr V6 and is capeable of 140 plus mph. In the right circumstances and with the proper tires etc. Not that I will ever go that fast.

It only cost me $3500.00, a hell of a deal. It is a kick to be alongside some one and they zoom off and If i press the accelerator to the floor, the engine literally has a deep powerful roar from the exhaust and screams away from the stop.

Here is the kicker. We went from the Boise Idaho area to Winnemuca Nevada. Quite a few mountains to go over and this is a big car. Going to, I got 28.7 miles per gallon and coming back 29.2 at average speeds @ 70 mph. This is on the avg mpg display on the dash. Did the math on fillups and found it was correct.

What a car.

Outoftheorg

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit