OK, I actually Saw the Passion

by Yerusalyim 54 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

TheSilence:
    I apologise. Sorry. I wasn't trying to generalise, merely comment on the dual-standards of antagonists.

Abaddon:
    The only reason you haven't killed an Orc is for lack of opportunity.
    Admit it - you hate those festering b*st*rds as much as I do

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Little Toe,

I like your sense of humor.

Abbadon,

So, if a movie causes bad things to happen it should not be shown? "Fight Club" influenced many teens to start beating each other senseless...I can think of other examples.

The movie is NOT antisemetic, and ANY Passion narrative will stir antisemetic feelings in those who are antisemetic, but this movie will not make anyone a Jew hater.

• logansrun
    logansrun

"The Passion." Sounds like a harlequin novel.

I'll go see the movie. I think the only really distasteful thing about it is the absolutely ghoulish and morbid idea that a person had to go through this for someone else eating a piece of fruit four thousand years earlier and that we need this in order to be worthy of life. Stupidity. Thanks Paul.

Bradley

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Bradley,

Actually, God could have chosen any way he wanted to redeem humanity because of Adam's sin...He could have decided that touching our elbow with a grape leaf did it...however...when we view what Jesus went through for us we realize how valuable this redemption is...regardless of how it was acheived. If it had come easy...who would care?

• TheSilence
    TheSilence

Little Toe,

No worries or need apologize... I tend to get soap-boxy from time to time ;)

Jackie

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

Abbadon,

So, if a movie causes bad things to happen it should not be shown?

Did I say that? Come on Yeru, I think we can talk about a frikking movie without you using fallacioius argumentation?

"Fight Club" influenced many teens to start beating each other senseless...I can think of other examples.

Mmmm... that sentence implies teens have sense.

The movie is NOT antisemetic,

Did I say it was? I don't think Schindler's List was anti-Nazi, per se, but I certainly feel it could influence someones actions.

and ANY Passion narrative will stir antisemetic feelings in those who are antisemetic, but this movie will not make anyone a Jew hater.

Did I say that? I merely pointed out that LOTR was unlikely to lead to Orc-bashing and The Passion might lead to Jew-bashing.

In any case, the majority of people watching it will be unaware they are not watching something which is true to the Gospel accounts, but it rather heavily influenced by a 18th C nun's visons;

http://www.beliefnet.com/story/140/story_14096_1.html#cont

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Ab,

LOTR is unlikely to lead to ORC bashing because ORCs don't exist. If they DID exist, ORC bashing would have resulted because of LOTR.

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

Yay! You got the point! Well done Yeru!!!!

• morty
    morty

Can I ask how long the movie wasYeru?

I am not much into seeing movies at the theater, but this one I may venture out to see...I figure with movies coming out on dvd's shortly after the movie is released in theater's, why remorgage the house to see a movie? I also heard it was all done in subtitles, Is this true as well?

Do you think this movie was really made on the "past of Christ" or do you think it was made by Mel for the $$$$$$$$$$$?

I am thinking a little of both.....but leaning more to the $$$$$$ part of it.....IMO

• logansrun
    logansrun

Yeru,

You forgot to mention that it is God who supposedly does the condemning. God condemns us because a guy ate a piece of fruit so He decides to come down, suffer, die and repay himself with his own blood. Such glorious nonsense.

B.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit