What's The Worst Scandal You Know Regarding Jehovah's Witnesses?

by minimus 51 Replies latest jw friends

• mouthy
    mouthy

What a sweethearet you are Talesin for getting that for Granny thank you.....love ya! (hug)

• talesin
    talesin

Thanx, Granny - I needed that hug today.

tal

here's one back {{{grace}}} BTW, glad yr okay

• boa
    boa

k, so maybe i'll play threadkiller, we'll see

the greatest scandle to me is that this organization could so totally control me (and millions of others out there) in full knowledge and complete dishonesty about the 'truth'. Knowingly for craps sake.

I really enjoyed and appreciate the COC and ISOCF books of R Franz but feel much stronger feelings than he writes, about the responsiblity that the individuals that make up the whole of the headquarters have for what they are doing in controlling peoples lives with the LIE! Perhaps Ray simply writes that way to not alienate some who aren't convinced yet of the truth about the 'truth'.

Of course, to outsiders with knowledge of how cults control, it is no surprise the above, but when you're born into it, surpressing all questions and obvious bs (obvious now) because you've been convinced/controlled that it is the 'truth', well jeece, it isn't such an easy pill to swallow.

boa

no longer controlled dubbie heh heh

• bsmart
    bsmart

Anything new but the Conti case?

• heathen
    heathen

I think the UN debacle probably up there along with the homosexual alcoholics that used to run rampant at bethel in the 70's, the millions now living lie is still being told to 3rd generation dubby's of course the hide the molesters thing is killing them in court ..

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

At this point I think it is the significant number of cases where elders abused their power - usually in a sexual way against innocent children.

The elders are the Achillies heel of the Watchtower. There are more than a few time bombs ticking away....

I also suspect that at some point a significant financial scandal will erupt. That might be fun.

• millie210
    millie210

Elder sexually abusing daughters and step daughter - never punished

Elder stealing from contribution box - nothing done.

Elder forging appointment recommendation letter for his cousin (an elder) nothing done about it.

Elders son attempted rape IN kingdom Hall - the girl ran. Elders son moved away. Again, no action taken.

Elder gambling, allowed to step down with no furthur action taken.

Seeing a pattern here?

• freddo
    freddo

Google "Michael Porter Child Molester JW"

I knew this pleasant fellow personally ...

• Dis-Member
    Dis-Member

The biggest scandal regarding the Witnesess is that they think they have the truth.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Elder sexually abusing daughters and step daughter - never punished

Elder stealing from contribution box - nothing done.

Elder forging appointment recommendation letter for his cousin (an elder) nothing done about it.

Elders son attempted rape IN kingdom Hall - the girl ran. Elders son moved away. Again, no action taken.

Elder gambling, allowed to step down with no furthur action taken.

Seeing a pattern here?

Like I said, the elder arrangement was the worst idea ever. Giving power to uneducated power seeking middle aged men has and will lead to big problems.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit