What's The Worst Scandal You Know Regarding Jehovah's Witnesses?

by minimus 51 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Webster---"SCANDAL"---------'literally, stumbling block, offense, discredit brought upon religion by unseemly conduct in a religious person, conduct that causes or encourages a lapse of faith or of religious obedience in another.'

• minimus
    minimus

One of the things the Watchtower has done is bury anything that could suggest a cover-up or a scandal. They, over the years, have made sure that the rank and file know nothing about the false prophecies, the UN debacle , the Malawi/Mexico shennigans, etc. They simply OMIT the truth and make believe nothing happened!

• shotgun
    shotgun

I don't know if you call it a scandal or not but for me when I studied how much they relied on the Great pyramid and also built Beth Sarim I thought that was a scandal.

The Donation arrangement / Jimmy Swaggert thing also.

• Mr Ben
    Mr Ben

Advertise! Advertise! Advertise!

Thousands Dying Will Never Live!

No you can't have a vaccine! Oh... go on then. But listen, you definitely MUST NOT have an organ transplant on pain of.. oh well all right then. But listen! You absolutely must not EVER, have one single drop of blood! And that's final! Sorry, what fraction...?

• minimus
    minimus

Mr. (uncle) Ben, That was GREAT!!!!!

• badboy
    badboy

Puternut,where was this scandal?

• mouthy
    mouthy

Today I heard of a scandal I didnt even know --- There is a testimony on the net( I dont know how to get it)of a Mark Palo-I received a letter today from a couple who claimed to be of the remnat in the WT. Now OUT!!!! but they have a group for Ex JWs ( have 10 folk so far) but they said Mark was sexually abused as a lad by Leo Greenlees!!!!! I think it is scandlous

• simplesally
    simplesally

A group of married people always hanging out with each other. Couple #1 and 2 were fine.......except #2 moved away. Couple #3 well the wife decided that she wanted to be wife of couple #4.........both women df'd. Couple #4 husband........ran off with Couple #5's wife. Publicly reproved. Now married and moved away near Couple #2.

• talesin
    talesin

mouthy

link to Mark Palo letter

http://www.exjws.net/sexabuse/palo.htm

talesin

• blondie
    blondie

Scandal: I hope this isn't a repeat but I was scandalized when I found out the WTS taught that Abraham, David, etc., (the ancient worthies) were going to be resurrected in 1925 to run the kingdom on earth (implied in that is that Armageddon would come then). This wasn't straightened out until the early 1950's.

Beth Sarim was built for them. (translated means "house of princes")

Proclaimers Book chap. 7 Advertise the King and the Kingdom! (1919-1941) ***

"House

of the Princes"

Brother Rutherford had a severe case of pneumonia after his release from unjust imprisonment in 1919. Thereafter, he had only one good lung. In the 1920?s, under a doctor?s treatment, he went to San Diego, California, and the doctor urged him to spend as much time as possible there. From 1929 on, Brother Rutherford spent the winters working at a San Diego residence he had named Beth-Sarim. Beth-Sarim was built with funds that were a direct contribution for that purpose. The deed, which was published in full in "The Golden Age" of March 19, 1930, conveyed this property to J. F. Rutherford and thereafter to the Watch Tower Society.

Concerning Beth-Sarim, the book "Salvation," published in 1939, explains: "The Hebrew words ?Beth Sarim? mean ?House of the Princes?; and the purpose of acquiring that property and building the house was that there might be some tangible proof that there are those on earth today who fully believe God and Christ Jesus and in His kingdom, and who believe that the faithful men of old will soon be resurrected by the Lord, be back on earth, and take charge of the visible affairs of earth."

A few years after Brother Rutherford?s death, the board of directors of the Watch Tower Society decided to sell Beth-Sarim. Why? "The Watchtower" of December 15, 1947, explained: "It had fully served its purpose and was now only serving as a monument quite expensive to keep; our faith in the return of the men of old time whom the King Christ Jesus will make princes in ALL the earth (not merely in California) is based, not upon that house Beth-Sarim, but upon God?s Word of promise."

and buried in a footnote

Proclaimers Book chap. 7 Advertise the King and the Kingdom! (1919-1941)

At the time, it was believed that faithful men of old times, such as Abraham, Joseph, and David, would be resurrected before the end of this system of things and would serve as "princes in all the earth," in fulfillment of Psalm 45:16. This view was adjusted in 1950, when further study of the Scriptures indicated that those earthly forefathers of Jesus Christ would be resurrected after Armageddon.?See "The Watchtower," November 1, 1950, pages 414-17.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit