Watchtower Tax Return

by Tahoe 43 Replies latest jw friends

• sparky1
    sparky1

Wow OrphanCrow. What a find! I've had a theory that WATCHTOWER funnels off money into an educational endowment that make them the beneficiary or some type of Charitable Remainder Trust. That was part of my argument with Slimboyfat. The money or asset value is there and producing income. I may be all wrong and this trust may be owned by an individual or family but just the same, this is an interesting find. Since the trust is of a non-religious nature, I don't believe that it would come under the 'group' Federal EIN of Watchtower of NY. I believe that it would be separate. If so, WOW!

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

I think the WT hides money all over in various ways. The one I posted pays out to the WT Charitable Planning in Pennsylvania - who knows how many of these are floating around? Private foundations set up with money stashed in investments - paying out a yearly income to various branches of the WT octopus.

And we haven't even touched on the foreign money investments.

• sparky1
    sparky1

If it is a Charitable Remainder Trust from an individual or family with the proceeds donated to WATCHTOWER, at the death of the last family member, WATCHTOWER would inherit the WHOLE trust fund. JESUS CHRIST! That would be a HUGE chunk of change for the 'Hateful 8' to play with!

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

Just thinking some more.

It makes sense now - this is part of charitable planning. It may be an estate. So what would happen with large endowments is the assets of the estates would be put into a private foundation with only the income from investments showing up in the WTBTS umbrella tax return. If a person leaves their estate to the org, it doesn't go directly to the org - the income from that money does.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Thats always been every rational humans argument. You simply cannot know what they have done or are doing with their billions so to proclaim they are broke is, at the heart of it, stupid. The absence of facts doesnt mean you get to make your own.

• cofty
    cofty

Their actions in recent years suggests that those who do know the facts are concerned.

• sir82
    sir82

I admit I haven't done any work in accounting since high school, but isn't "book value of assets" only half the picture?

If they have assets of 1.4 billion but liabilities exceed 1.4 billion, they are, effectively, broke.

If their liabilities exceed their assets, and much of those liabilities are payable soon, and much of their assets are not liquid, they are in deep doo-doo - despite having net assets of 1.4 billion, or 1.4 trillion.

• sparky1
    sparky1

You are correct, sir82. We would need a profit and loss statement, a balance sheet, and a cash flow analysis in order to get the complete picture of WATCHTOWER'S finances. However, the average corporation can operate successfully with a debt to equity ratio of 3:1 and cash on hand of about 8%. It would seem unlikely to me that they would have long term debt of about 4.2 billion dollars. My contention has been all along that they are in a cash flow crunch because of their kingdom hall building scheme but that their long term financial health is just fine. Of course, only the WATCHTOWER accountants, lawyers, and Governing Body know for sure.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

So by looking at the 2015 tax form and the 2016 tax form, we can see a $100 Million + gross jump increase in assets.

Nice profit margin for 1 year.

Whoever said religion isn't profitable ?

• sir82
    sir82

So by looking at the 2015 tax form and the 2016 tax form, we can see a $100 Million + gross jump increase in

assets.

Nice profit margin for 1 year.

Again, I'm no accountant, but an increase in assets of $100 million does not indicate a profit of $100 million.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit