On and off again JW girlfriend

by Crzysin 25 Replies latest social relationships

• Crzysin
    Crzysin

Hello everyone, I have an on and off again ex who is a JW. Each time her family gets involved and she's gone again. I'm debating biting the bullet and doing the work to become baptized, so we can follow through with our engagement.

A little background about me : I'm 31, was an unbaptized publisher, have a daughter with a lesbian and we co-parent. No JW family.

Background for her : 31, baptized-disfellowshiped- now a publisher, single mom. JW family-stepdad is a ministerial servent, uncle is an elder, grandfather is an elder.

Thoughts, criticisms, opinions, follow-up questions

• moreconfusedthanever
    moreconfusedthanever

Getting baptised is not a minor formality to progress your relationship. Once you are baptised your life is no longer your own.

My advice is - do not get baptised under any circumstances.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

If you want to live a life of hell on earth then by all means get baptized ,your life will never be your own again .

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Yeah, that's what you want; become a JW survive Armageddon and live in wedded bliss forever in Paradise.

Fncking moron.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Getting baptised is not a minor formality to progress your relationship. Once you are baptised your life is no longer your own.

My advice is - do not get baptised under any circumstances.

Good advice.

Obviously her family are giving her a hard time about you even though it's none of their business. Sounds to me like she is used to being controlled and told what to do. You both are old enough and mature enough to have your own kid each, so she should be old enough and mature enough to live her own life on her own terms.

If it were me i wouldn't be standing for this shit, make her an ultimatum. Either you're together or you're not. If she wants to let her family control her relationships then let her leave and you find yourself someone stronger.

If you got baptized you're handing your control and your balls over to her family AND the Watchtower Society. Baptism in this religion isnt like any other religion were you can walk away later without reprisals.

And think of your kid. Your kid will be expected to live in that mental prison too.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

She is damaged goods.

Until such time as she fully realises that she has been raised in a damaging high control cult, she is not marriagable material.

Do yourself and your potential children a favor and run away.

• amicabl
    amicabl

Breaking off with someone at any age can cause a lot of emotional turmoil, however establishing a new relationship is exciting and will eventually be most rewarding if you choose the right person.

JW is a dangerous cult. jwfacts.com will provide you with a lot of factual information which will assist you in making a sound decision.

There are a lot of nice people out in the normal JW free world.

• Onager
    Onager

Thoughts:

DO. NOT. GET. BAPTISED.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

The replies seem to be unanimous. I doubt that it is what you wanna hear so just completely ignore it and go on and pursue the relationship with the Cult Member and get dunked so they can begin to control you as well.

When you come back here later, we’ll be here to help you pick up the pieces and treat your wounds.

Goid luck

Doc

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Chris - Thoughts, criticisms, opinions, follow-up questions

Blimey, you have all the luck don't you.

An on and off girlfriend isn't worth wasting time on whatever your belief.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit