My life ... and how JWD came to be - Part 3

by Simon 49 Replies latest jw experiences

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Simon. Very Interesting, and Thanks to Angharad for the follow-up.

Some similarities between your story and ours. The blood issue and our young boy. And those infamous WTBTS quotes totally out of context, is something that just blew me out of the water.

I remember my dad showing me a quote in a more recent Watchtower, where they quoted Russell from a Golden Age article. Of course the famous 3 dots were in the middle of that quote. When my dad showed me the 3 pages or so of what Russell actually said in between, I couldn't believe it. If the society had included everything Russell had said, it would have been obvious to anyone reading that Watchtower article, that Russell was a nutcase and a fraud.

• Badger
    Badger

Simon:

I don't know what else to say. I think this is yet another peice of evidence that this is a cult. They run people out in almost identical ways.

You're a Dangerous Apostate...hell, you had a hand in getting me out of the org...

• BONEZZ
    BONEZZ

Simon,

You the man! Like previous posters, your site was instrumental in helping keep my sanity.

-BONEZZ

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Thanks again to Simon and Angharad.. You have done so much to help us all.

Personally, I loved the Creation book . when we studied it we had a lively group who really got in to it and the whole thing was a pleasure. I never doubted the statements in it at all. Only years later when I got on line did I realise that so many of their quotes were fraudulent . (BTW evolution does not satisfy my mind though, but that does not change the poor arguments in that book)

Our path to enlightenment always takes certain steps . I am glad that you were able to convince your wife. Maybe , just maybe , well you nrver know what might happen here....................

• family_man
    family_man

Simon,

Thanks for sharing that story with us. I am glad it worked worked out with your wife before things got out of hand. Definitely glad you got out in time to avoid any compliations on the birth of your second child... what a blessing.

How long has this site been around? Although I was never a JW I still needed support when I found out the danger my familiy was in due to motives of the WTS and it's lies. I couldn't sleep for a week...

This was the second site I visited after my discovery ... I posted immediately... The discovery proces for me went as follows...

towerwatch.com showed the WTS for what it is --- a cult

JWD - Put a voice and human touch on the mass migration of former dubs out of the borg ... this beats a therapist anyday

silentlambs - was the first weapon of choice in revealing this to my wife - to appeal to her motherly instinct ...

freeminds - is a library of infomration...

I look forward to seeing the next passage...

• family_man
    family_man

Angharad, Great testimony - thanks.

He ordered a video from Freeminds

Simon - which video was it?

I think if you know someone you love is being deceived and faces the very real possibility that they will be hurt or even die as a result, you will tell them

Damn right ...

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Simon and Anharad,

"Experts" were quoted ... but not experts in the field being discussed - astronomers commenting on geology or vice-vera and every time, the recognised opinion dismissed to make way for some loon who was never quoted in full ... just enough to give some weight to the WTS opinion.

I'm thanking you both for this story. You are both so REAL. But I'm a succor for stories. I used to get teary eyed reading the Watchtower personal experiences. The difference is we are people with our eyes wide open and each of us attacked for THINKING on our own, daring to LOOK at the truth, even if it is just checking the source of those they quote. ("some loon who was never quoted in full")

And this one is a classic:

stormed up to me after the meeting saying sure to tell me he had noticed that I hadn't paid attentino and had been playing computer games.

"Oh no" I replied (in best fake righteous voice), "I was reading WTS literature - look ..."

I showed him the screen with "Shepherding the flock" (the elders manual) that I'd copied to it and watched as his face went read and he spluttered how I shouldn't have a copy of that. I told him I had the branch manual as well if he wanted to read it and left.

LOL, Joy used to put a fancy bible cover with zipper over her Crisis of Conscience book and read it during the meeting. All part of the cult exit process I guess.

Steve

• mouthy
    mouthy

Very interesting reading... I think it is wonderful when you exit TOGETHER!!! I remember when they kicked me out! I felt so ALONE!!! no one else that I knew off Waiting for the next episode

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Simon,

It dawned on me today that I might have missed this third part of your story while I went to pick up my son and bring him home. I was gone the most part of the week.

Anyhow I looked for and found the 3rd part.

I love the part about your pocket C and the elder's manual. That is priceless. I would love to have been standing near you when that happened. There would have been audible laughter from me for certain.

Simon, you are such a nice and intelligent fellow. It's a shame you had to raised as a JW. But look here, you are doing so much good for us all and I believe you will help millions by the time this is all overwith, if it ever is overwith. If the WTBTS is to be brought down, and I hope that it is, you will have been a major contributor in its demise. Have you ever wondered if the one who made us and left us here could be working through you? I wonder.

Thank you deeply for sharing your story with us. I look very much forward to reading the rest of it. I am saving it all in a wordpad document and will print the whole thing up when you are done with it.

With appreciation,

Heather

• bsmart
    bsmart

And there is more!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit