My life ... and how JWD came to be - Part 3

by Simon 49 Replies latest jw experiences

• Angharad
    Angharad

Hi S L H

I had been doing the ostrich thing for a long time before the meeting, while he was doing all the research he kept trying to show me and I wouldnt listen.Especially if it was something he'd got off the internet - afterall the internet is full of evil apostates We had some awful rows which were horrible because we never normally rowed about anything. He ordered a video from Freeminds and kept trying to get me to watch it - one time when he had got me to sit down in front of it I made myself go to sleep . But the stubborn bugger put it on the next night as well until I'd seen it - When I finally watched it, it was disturbing.

I had been looking at the websites he was visiting because I was worried about him being mislead. But one caught my eye and made me start to think a bit http://quotes.jehovahswitnesses.com/ ... what shocked me was that these were quotes directly from the WT publications, but I never told Simon this until after the meeting. I was scared to think he might be right about all of it.

Thats when I decided to arrange the meeting, because I thought that they would be able to answer his questions.

After I was really dissappointed in the elders, I agreed to start looking at a few things with him, and then I went and read Freeminds website with more of an open mind and during all this time Simon had put together a little book full of questions and references so I finally read through that too, after him leaving it lying around everyone for weeks. And here we are !

I'm so glad he never gave up on me because I was a complete cow sometimes during all the rows. Thanks Simon

• galaxy7
    galaxy7

Thanks Simon

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

WOW! Looking forward to part 4.I wish you would post that question book you made up if you still have it, the one you kept lying around for Angharad to read and that you use for the Elders to try and answer.

• Dawn
    Dawn

Thank you for sharing your story - I look on here every day to see if you've posted the next Part. You have done a wonderful thing with this site - I can't thank you enough in how much it has helped me move past the JW hold.

• dannyboy
    dannyboy

Simon & Angharad,

Thanks for sharing and for the effort to put your story in writing. Very interesting. Thanks, too for being so candid....I think many of us can identify with the "wrestling" as it were, trying to figure out if our growing doubts are legitimate.

---Dan

• observador
    observador

But wait, wait, wait!!! Where's Part 1 and 2?

Thanks, Simon, for sharing.

• Angharad
  • concerned mama
    concerned mama

Simon and Angharad,

I remember Simon telling me some of your background the day our families had dinner together. It's interesting to hear it in more detail and I'm looking forward to part 4.

You two have done a marvelous thing with this forum. Thank you.

concerned mama

• happy man
    happy man

This is a very difficult thing, tell your wife what you read on internet, and she lost here bellife and perhaps joy in life, it is not so easy if you live in a very happy marrige to take avay a persons belife and hope fore the future, is it not a bigg risk to do so, perhaps she end up as unhappy and depressed, insted of happy about what she think is the truth, I am not so sure whats best to do, even if yoursel have evidence fore that the truth not is the truth.

love HM

• Simon
    Simon

I think if you know someone you love is being deceived and faces the very real possibility that they will be hurt or even die as a result, you will tell them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit