My life ... and how JWD came to be - Part 3

by Simon 49 Replies latest jw experiences

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow

Interesting. Thanks. Your brother in law is a real piece of work. And unfortunately too typical.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Simon,

I'm so glad you have your family, your wife and brother stood by you,

That must have been a great source of stengnth.

• codeblue
    codeblue

Thanks for sharing Part 3.

I can't believe this:

"Even if you did have the proof it wasn't the truth, I wouldn't want to read it"...........

Come on...talk about the ostrich position.....they are happy living in their fantasy land!!!

Dateline is what started my "rose colored glasses" to fall off....I never got dedicated to an org., but to Jehovah...really believed he was using the org. until I saw that show.

Thanks for sharing your life experience with us and for founding JWD...it has been a lifeline for me!

Codeblue

• SYN
    SYN

Hi Simon,

A very enjoyable post, especially the part where you showed the self-righteous Elder brother the "Shepherding the Flock" book...hehe...I would've paid to be there to see his expression!

Roll on Part 4!

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Thanks Simon. You and Ang have been thru a lot!

• little witch
    little witch

What a history Simon. Thanks for telling us your experiences.

It seems that many of our stories have common warp and weft, but the finished tapestry is always unique.

I especially like the little computer part when you showed BIL the elders manual! I bet he sputtered like a lawn mower with water in the gastank!

Can't wait to hear part 4.

Then we shall have to pester Ang for her story!

• boa
    boa

hi Simon,

thanks again for your story and this site. I feel I have a common story when you said

For me, the walls of the watchtower were not destroyed by a single giant cannon-ball but rather every brick had been weakened and suddenly the whole thing just 'collapsed'.

I've been five years out of bethel working through my own tumultous crisis of faith, then 2 weeks ago I end up here at this site and all the wt bricks have collapsed for me as well.

boa

will 'keep on the watch' for the rest of the story...

• new light
    new light

You're doing a good thing, Simon. ADVERTISE, ADVERTISE, ADVERTISE!!!!!!!

• Winston Smith :>D
    Winston Smith :>D

Thx again Simon for writing this!

I showed him the screen with "Shepherding the flock" (the elders manual) that I'd copied to it and watched as his face went read and he spluttered how I shouldn't have a copy of that. I told him I had the branch manual as well if he wanted to read it and left.

Without a doubt, my fav part!

• myself
    myself
    Before they had left they resorted to threats ... "don't tell anyone else about this stuff or else ... you don't want to lose your friends and family do you?"

Typical isn't it, when they can't answer your questions or issues, then they try the old threat trick, anything they can resort to. Yep lets put the fear in them, terrify them so that they are afraid to question anything much less walk away. How cultish.

Sadly your average r&f would not have researched the WTBS' so called references, everything is taken at face value. Yep if they print it, it must be the truth.

Simon, thank you for sharing. I am watching for your next installment.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit