Gender Lines

by Mysterygirl 21 Replies latest jw experiences

• codeblue
    codeblue

Mysterygirl:

I read your first post, where when you were born, your dr. felt you should be a "girl"...so he felt genetically, your female genes were much stronger.

Your parents made a wrong decision based on elders thinking "males" have more status in the WTBS.

The course of your life proved that your doctor at your birth was correct, you always had strong female tendencies. All your documents say you are a woman.

You must be a woman.

Codeblue

• blondie
    blondie

I was thinking about gender and the angels. According to the WTS, while angels take on male bodies when appearing to humans, they are neither male nor female in their spirit form.

If that is the case, what is going through an angel's mind when it leaves behind a genderless spirit body to become a human male and to return to that genderless state?

You were a hermaphrodite then you were neither male nor female, but had a gender assigned to you. So you're going back to being male is ludicrous since you were never male in the beginning but both.

Some elders are dorks. They think because elders on their local body decided they had the qualifications to teach the Bible that makes them qualified doctors, psychiatrists, psychologists.

I'm glad to hear you are in counseling and getting support.

And I think I have problems.

Blondie

• Mysterygirl
    Mysterygirl

Very interesting point Blondie

If the spirit realm is genderless that must mean that Jehovah does not view gender a very important.

Maybe he views all people as equal and does not discriminate genders> If this is the case then why does the Org put such a high piorety over male and females

Food for thougth

• Maverick
    Maverick

Your a human being. Everything else is subject to interpretation....yours! Maverick

• Sirona
    Sirona

Ask this elder what he would think if

a boy (physically male) was raised a girl by his parents because they "wanted" a girl. This boy was brought up in JWs as a girl. The child, when reaching puberty clearly realised he wasn't a girl and started to wear boys clothes and live as a boy. Would they have a problem with that? NO because they'd admit that the parents were wrong in the first place and that his gender is boy.

So with you, you are a woman. You are a woman. The only difference here is that your parents were given permission to bring you up as a boy by the WATCHTOWER against the advice of medical professionals. Therefore they are the ones at fault, not you.

Hugs

Sirona

• talesin
    talesin

Maverick

well said, imho

Mysterygirl

I read yr story a couple days back, you are truly a 'survivor' Glad you made it.

On another note:

Maybe he views all people as equal and does not discriminate genders>

if 'Jehovah' doesn't discriminate, then why is the gender of this entity always 'he'?

... more food for thought

talesin

• Sassy
    Sassy

Mysterygirl, wow, you have quite a story and I am sorry to see the way you have been treated. Unfortunately they probably won't change their viewpoint on the matter. Do you want to go back to an organization that treats you so poorly? Maybe you are better off not accepted. Many of us have left for various reasons, true some of us might have made the choice rather than be forced out, but the thing is that what are they for making these judgement calls on you. That isn't love.

We accept you for who you are. And any support you need, we are happy to be here for you.

• franklin J
    franklin J

hi mysterygirl, welcome to the forum

I do not have any answers concerning gender except to quote a famous old saying ; from a common perspective--"if it looks like a duck; quacks like a duck and walks like a duck--then, it must be A DUCK"

To respond in brief, if you tell us you are a woman and present yourself as one; who are we ( or anyone for that matter) to question you?

forget what the elders told you. Welcome to the forum, you are among friends here

• Swan
    Swan

Welcome!

My husband and I heard Kate Bornstein speak many years ago at OSU. I liked some of the things she tried to do in her book to get people to think outside the box regarding gender. So think about it, but you don't have to buy into all of it; just the parts that fit into your unique perspective of the world.

The reason that I am asking this is, I had a visit from a elder (that I have never meet before)and he was talking about my transexuality and the reason I was Dfs. He agreed with my above coment, I asked if there would ever be any chance that I could be reninstated? His answer at this time was not untill I revert back to being a male. Thing is I was never a full male to start with I was born "Hermaphodite" and never had the complete package of a male.

Here are some to questions to think about. They may help you to think outside the box.

• Why were you talking to this complete stranger about this?
    • Why did they send a person to your door who had never had dealings with you before?
    • What does this person do for a living and what educational background does he have?
    • Why does he think this gives him more authority on the subject than your psychiatrist, Kate Bornstein, or someone who has lived with the confusion for 31 years?
    • Why do you think they want you to revert back to being male?
    • Why did you ask the question you asked?
    • If they miraculously changed their minds and said you could be reinstated as a woman, do you really want to go back?
    • What is your motivation for going back?
    • Is it just to get your family back?
    • Would your family treat you the way you perceive yourself to be if this happened?
    • Are parents, who said they loved you, then abandoned their child once because a dozen old men in Brooklyn, NY said to ever to be trusted again?

So I ask the Question to the readers

I have the package that a woman has, I look like a women, I talk like a women, my birth certificate say Im a woman, SO WHAT AM I????

Any answers please

Only you know the answer to this. It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. When you come to that realization, and you will get there, you will realize what a strange elder, your parents, your siblings, Kate Bornstein, or the people on this board think has nothing to do with what YOU FEEL.

Good luck on your journey.

Feel free to PM me anytime you need to talk.

Tammy :-)

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

MG,

Maybe he views all people as equal and does not discriminate genders> If this is the case then why does the Org put such a high piorety over male and females

it's a male dominated society!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit