Gender Lines

by Mysterygirl 21 Replies latest jw experiences

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    I have the package that a woman has, I look like a women, I talk like a women, my birth certificate say Im a woman, SO WHAT AM I????

You are yourself. It's that simple.

You can't help it if a religion is obsessed with people's sexual organs.

• gaiagirl
    gaiagirl

People often tend to think in terms of "either/or", basically holding the opinion that "it must be this or that". It amounts to lazy thinking, trying pigeonhole everything into a specific category.

From a biological standpoint, the gender of a child is determined by whether the father contributes a Y chromosome or an X chromosome. The mother always contributes an X chromosome, but the father may contribute either X or Y. So a "100% male" would have XY chromosome (there are no known YY people, because men don't have children), and a "100% female" would have XX chromosome. However, in practice, some have XXY, so that they have characteristics of both genders. So some men have a tendency to develop breasts, some women have a tendency to develop facial hair, etc. And some have sexual characteristics of both genders, as you do. This demonstrates that gender isn't a case of "either/or". Your particular genetic combination placed you somewhere near the middle of the possible extremes.

If you feel a female persona/gender role fits better, you should live as you wish, without being forced into a mold which you may not feel you fit. Certainly, the elders of your congregation are not qualified to determine which gender role is best for you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit