lies?? (feel free to express your opinions)

by blink sk8 25 Replies latest jw friends

• blink sk8
    blink sk8

hey guys,

while i was at the meeting at the kingdom hall, (oh so fun!.... NOT!) the person giving the sunday talk was talking about paradise and how wonderful it will be.. while trying not to fall asleep it hit me... what happens when the earth fills up with people in paradise? if its all true about not dieing, then will not the world keep filling up until we just have no room left?

and another thing... he also told us when god tells you to do something, you shouldn't ask why.. you should just do it. But, how can this be true if god doesnt speak directly to people anymore?

and if it was okay for people to have more than one wife in the bible days and to be in an army, why can't we do these things today?

write back

~bLiNk~

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

The way it was explained to me many years ago was that when the earth fills up god will turn off the sex drive in all people and there will be no more babies. I'm not sure what they were smoking, huh?

Guess then the reason for having a union would no longer be procreation.

Gretchen

• desib77
    desib77

Exactly. That is how it was explained to me when I was a child. My mom told me that people wouldn't want to make babies anymore.........

Funny how even a child can see flaws in the plan.

• blink sk8
    blink sk8

lol i know exactly what they were smokin haha

• Xena
    Xena

Well some of the more optimistic (aka horney) brothers we knew opted for the "we might populate other planets" theory

• Carmel
    Carmel

I remember when my mother gave me that same explanation and all I said was "Booooring"! She warn't too pleased!

carmel of the "horney brothers" class

• Tatiana
    Tatiana
    Well some of the more optimistic (aka horney) brothers we knew opted for the "we might populate other planets" theory

My mother told me this one. That Jehovah created the other planets for witnesses.

• galaxy7
    galaxy7

Does that mean there will be no more sex

• simplesally
    simplesally

Permanent birth control...........sex without babies or populate other planets, thats what was explained to me.

• Gopher
    Gopher
    when god tells you to do something, you shouldn't ask why.. you should just do it. But, how can this be true if god doesnt speak directly to people anymore?

God = WT Society. When they tell you to do something, they're speaking for God!!

and if it was okay for people to have more than one wife in the bible days and to be in an army, why can't we do these things today?

These were ways for the nation of Israel to establish its territory and rapidly populate it, so as to be a force in the region. Of course, , God's people are all over the earth now rather than confined to just one nation, so they don't need to do these things anymore. The only "army" you need to join is the rapidly-growing army of Kingdom preachers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit